#5 Distant Kin, Adjacent Stranger

"I won't, I won't, I won't
Cover the scars, I'll let them bleed,
So my silence won't be mistaken for peace.
Am I wrong for wanting us to make it?
Tell me your lies,
Because I just can't face it!"

— "It's You" // Zayn Malik

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Being mature costs you a lot, probably you never really realise that but as you're growing up you're losing advantages of being "young, wild and free". You're expected to be the bigger one, you expect yourself to act like the bigger one. And then unknowingly bounded by rules and expectations you start losing the real you.

And both Abir and Mishti know their time to be the "young, wild and free" is gone. So what if it is snatched away? In the end it's gone and they're two individuals holding big responsibilities with no option to be free.

Their time for being irresponsible for a moment and choosing uncertainty is gone.

Gone as in it won't ever come back, lost, not to be felt again. Ever.

Well, let's take it this way. If given a chance now, they won't even allow their souls to roam around freely. They can't run to more scars now, can they?

Are they courageous enough to break the bars and set themselves free?

No, they aren't. Running wild is a dangerous choice and neither of them can afford getting lost. Hence, before the momentary freedom settles melancholy, one needs to break the silence.

"Would you mind, Abir, if I ask what is bothering you so much today?"

Mishti asks gently. Not necessarily she needs an answer, she is pretty sure Abir will say nothing. It'll be troublesome otherwise; Mishti is not good at handling emotional situations and to be honest, especially with Abir Rajvansh, it'll be quite difficult to comfort him or even to say things like "it'll be alright" or "you'll be good".

Mishti regrets her question but at least better be in confusion than a silence that screams pain!

And there Abir probably gets it, because why not? After all, he's a psychologist and he never misses a chance to prove how clever he is! And if she is giving him a chance to divert his mind, nothing's wrong in using it to the fullest.

Mishti regrets a little more!

Abir notices her expressions and he can't help smiling. No matter how strong or mature you become, can you ever completely detach yourself from the inner child? And Mishti is cute, indeed.

"Shut up, Abir. Mind your thoughts."

Abir reprimands himself. Get back to work.

"Well I don't think, Mishti, you really want an answer to that. But I've something else which you'd like to know."

Mishti glared.

"Nishant Singhaniya is arriving in India today. And you'll be happy to know that he's my business partner."

Mishti stares at him wide-eyed a little longer than necessary. Abir is still smiling.

"Do you mean to say he's the other partner of Maheshwari and Co.?"

"Oh well, it's great to see you understand things quickly. But here you should know that I've bought 51% share from Singhaniya Industries. Apparently your ex-husband is the loser here."

Mishti doesn't say anything. From the moment she stepped in Rajvanshs she has been waiting for such taunts. Not like she cares what other people say, but it's important to understand what exactly is going on in Abir's calculative mind.