Constantinople - 2

Using more of his fortune, Gul Goker acquired a new group of Russian slaves and managed to keep his operation undercover. Assisted by Gizem, he sacrificed three slave women and three female cats, drained its blood and collected their eyes. With those elements, he manufactured a human size green cat eye with heavy spiritual charge to give partial vision back to the imprisoned Ekimmu and allow her to escape its confinement. According to some of the papyri, the vampire was a female spirit, of eternal substance, which was not dead but sleeping, and that the only thing keeping her imprisoned was the lack of sight, so, once the Ekimmu would recover her sense of vision, she should be able to come back to physical life.

They opened the grave and found a corpse that instead of rotting, had apparently just dried out with time. It was a female, apparently human with long black hair. In her right hand, she had a scepter with a white gem similar in shape to a human eye but three times its size. They carefully opened the corpse's eyelids and found that it had compound big green eyes, like those of a fly.

Gizem said to Gul, "It's supposed to have white eyes, blinded ones."

Gul meditated in the matter and answered, "Maybe she was not physically blinded, but spiritually by her association with a ghost living inside the scepter. The Ekimmu were prone to possess other entities, then maybe the real blinded vampire eye is the white gem."

Gizem agreed with the theory, so they carefully detached the gem from the scepter and replaced it with the green cat eye they had produced for the ritual. They put the white gem in a metallic container and stored it in a safe box. Then they rolled naked copper wire around the ends of the scepter, still inside the crypt and in the right hand of the corpse. Maintaining a safe distance from the tomb, the sorcerers gave an order, and their slaves began rotating a crank connected to massive dynamos in parallel that provided electric power to the grave. After some minutes without change, the cat eye grew to fill the socket in the scepter and shone in green fluorescence. The scepter began to float slightly over the corpse, still grabbed by its right hand. Gizem made a sign to the slaves and they stopped moving the crank, the scepter kept floating, and a black-haired woman appeared standing over the corpse. Her limbs were mechanical, except for her right hand that was open and pointing to the scepter, it was as if she would be trying to attract the scepter to her hand but could not separate it from the corpse, still grabbing it. Her skin was almost white, and she had a green cat eye in her left socket, replicating the one in the scepter but on a human scale. Her right eye was a black crystal ball, and she had no eyebrows. She was dressed in a white fur coat, long to reach the half of her calves. Her black hair was long to her knees and slightly curly. Her mechanical feet were naked.

 Her mechanical feet were naked

Empress Ninkurra Drekkva.

She closed her right hand and the scepter fell back to the right side of the corpse. She looked around and swiftly flew to a small round window on the top of a wall, the only direct way to escape from the basement. She broke the window and went outside, disappearing from the sorcerers' sight in a split second.

Gul Goker Gokshe felt the idea of another presence in the room. He looked back at the crypt, and for a moment he saw the same woman that had just escaped through the window, but then in a white lace dress, and without eyes, only blood in her eye basins. But that moment passed and then there was nothing there.

Gul and Gizem rushed outside, to the streets, and saw the woman flying straight up to the sky, heading to a beautiful full moon in Constantinople's firmament.