two

chapter two

ninety-ninth precinct...

bullpen...

a week later...

Detective Zachariah ' Zach ' Reeves walked into the nine-nine precinct with a pensive expression on his face. He was dressed in a brown leather jacket, jeans and a dark blue t-shirt. He glanced around, then his eyebrows shot up in surprise when he was greeted by a familiar face.

"Amy Santiago?" Amy looked up, and her face lit up.

"Oh my god, Zach?" She stood, walking over to him and hugging him. He returned it, then stepped back to look her over. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm transferring here," Zach said brightly.

"What happened to the Six-Seven?"

"Let's just say i had a falling out with my Lieutenant and leave it at that." Zach brushed it off. "I have to speak to Captain Holt, but want to grab lunch?"

"Definitely." Zach headed into Holt's office, which is when Charles, Terry, Gina and Rosa descended on Amy.

"How do you know that fine specimen of a man?" Gina asked.

"We were partners as beat cops at the Six-Seven," Amy explained. She hesitated, then added. "We also went on a few dates, but it didn't work out."

"You let him get away?" Charles asked. "Shame, Amy, shame." Amy rolled her eyes, though she did glance over her shoulder as Zach shook hands with Holt. Zach settled into the desk opposite Detective Charles Boyle, whom he knew to be a fine detective and a medal of valor recipient.