reassurance

Shiva squinted his eyes open to check the time, it was 10 am, but what he was doing shock him more.

He had fallen asleep, hugging Raavi. And she didn't even budge, she was peacefully sleeping with her hands on his.

Just as he looked at her, she opened her eyes and smiled.

"Good morning, Shiva." in her typical Raavi tone.

"Tujhe pata tha na mai aise soya tha, mujhe uthake bataya kyu nahi?" Shiva said, not moving.

"Accha lag raha tha. Aur neend bohot aa rahi thi. Isme bura hi kya hai."

They heard the door creak and someone cough.

"I'm sorry." Krish slapped his forehead and turned around, looking away from the sleeping couple.

Their eyes widened and they scrambled to their feet. "Aisa kuch nahi hai Krish. Yaha kyu aaya?" Shiva asked .

Raavi didn't like those words. Did she want something to happen?

"Woh aap dono neeche nahi aaye the, toh aapko bulane bola tha. But I understand kyu late ho gaye." Krish said, bobbing his head, and ran away.

"Ek marunga na tere sar pe." Shiva raised his hand, while Raavi laughed.

"Tu kyu daant phad ke has rahi hai?" Was he blushing?

"Joke tha, thoda hasle Shiva." Raavi chuckled, ruffling his hair.

She brushed her teeth, washed up and got ready for the day, when she looked in the mirror.

The scar was still there, but had faded a bit over night. She skimmed her fingers over it. That episode was horrifying, but she hadn't remembered it until she saw this. It would be gone soon, but...

Shiva noticed her, and said "Ae chipkali, mast hai woh do lines. 10/10 bata raha hu, mere muscles pe bhi nahi dikhenge." in hopes of distracting her.

It did. It was oddly reassuring. She looked at herself in the mirror again and smiled.

Now, if she remembered these scars, which is not likely to happen once they fade away completely, she'd remember this stupid statement by her husband.

What an idiot.

~~~

"Mere saath market chalna, woh maine blouse diya tha silane ko, ready hoga" Raavi asked Shiva.

"Mujhe nahi aana, mann nahi hai." Shiva lazily said, munching on an apple.

She stuck her tongue out at him and stepped outside the house, waiting for a rickshaw. When she didn't get one, she decided to go walking.

But she heard a familiar roar of engine, and looked around to see Shiva waiting for her with a helmet.

"Tu toh nahi aane waale tha?" Raavi squinted.

"Chal chal baith abhi, tujhe kuch na ho isliye aa raha hu." Shiva motioned.

"Dhara bhabhi ne bheja hoga na tujhe?"

"Khud se aaya hu. Teri fikar hoti hai." Shiva blurted.

"Shiva, tujhe kuch batana hai mujhe?" Raavi teased.

"Ae, ghar me sabki fikar hoti hai. Ladkiyo jaise mat baith, gir jaayegi." Whew, that was a close one.

He started the bike, and Raavi clutched onto his shoulders.

She smiled and shook her head. Why would Shiva fall in love with her? Not that she isn't beautiful, of course she is. But what kind of girl did he like?

"Shiva, tujhe kaisi ladki pasand hai?" Raavi inquired.

"Kyu, meri dusri shaadi karane ka irada hai?" Shiva joked.

"Haa, woh maine socha ek se better do, tujhe toh accha lagega na." Raavi sarcastically said.

"Ek shaadi ne mera pet bhar diya, thank you maate." Shiva shook his head.

"Bata na, sacchi. Kaisi ladki pasand hai?"

"Teri jaisi." Shiva tu kya kar raha hai?!

"Kya bola, kya bola?" Raavi didn't hear him over the winds.

"Ab ladki toh ladki hai, koi bhi pasand aa jayegi na." Shiva tried to save himself.

They reached the shop and Raavi went to collect her items, while Shiva waited outside.

She paid for her stuff, and turned around to see a girl standing next to Shiva. He maintained his distance, but she was getting too touchy.

"Ye Somnath ki ladkiyon ko zara bhi sharam nahi hai, khule aam kisikey pati ke saath flirt kar rahi hai." Raavi mumbled under her breath.

"Par tujhe itni jealousy kyu ho rahi hai, Raavi. Pagal ladki" Raavi thought to herself, while simultaneously trying to burn the girl into ashes with her gaze.

Shiva looked good. No wonder all girls eyes him like bait. He always did. Raavi didn't bother denying the fact that she had a hot husband. Hot? Well, he was her husband and she could look at him whenever and however she wanted to.

Shiva glanced over at her, with a face that said "Mujhe bachalo iss aurat se".

Raavi noticed it, fixed her face, and walked towards him. It was time for some fun.

"Chale Shiva?" Raavi wrapped her arms around his, in an extremely sweet, I'm-flirting-with-you tone.

"Chalo." Shiva pulled her closer and kissed her on her cheek.

Background song:

Raavi expected anything but that. Blood flushed to her cheeks. Her face felt hot. Oh god, she was blushing.

The girl in front of them was dumbstruck. "Ye kaun hai?" She asked, as if Shiva was her property.

Shiva's hands shifted from Raavi's waist and entwined his hands with her. "Meri biwi." He beamed at her.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach. She felt so weird. A good weird.

Song ends.

"Oh...Theek hai, mai chalti hu. Bye." The girl rushed away from there, and as Raavi sat on the bike, Shiva started to laugh.

"Uski shakal dekhi kya? Kya maza aaya!" Shiva was laughing, dil kholke.

"Haa." Raavi nervously chuckled.

What was happening?

"Ae, tu itna tension mat le. Mujhe koi ladki ke saath flirt karne me koi interest nahi hai." Shiva reassured her.

"Kyu?" Raavi asked.

He didn't answer, and she didn't expect him to.

So instead, she just wrapped her arms around his chest as he sped the bike home.

- - - - -

Did you like it? Don't forget to vote :)