3

Chelsea •

Pulling up to the address my dad gave me I cut my car off and grabbed my keys .

It took me 4 days to get here , mostly because I stopped a lot and got hotel rooms to sleep in till the next morning .

I know I don't have money to waste like that anymore but I can't help it .

I got out the car and looked on the porch seeing a group of people that looked my age or older .

I opened my trunk and grabbed my suitcase out , I had 3 suit cases and 2 buckets full of clothes and shoes .

I sat it down and rolled it up to the porch full of people just staring at me.

It was hot as hell too .

"Is someone named Theresa here?" I asked pulling my shades up.

One of the girls stood up "MOM! I think uncle Chris daughter is here!" She yelled .

Soon an older lady that looked a lot like my dad came to the door "hey baby!" She smiled as she walked past the people and gave me a hug.

"Come on I'm gonna show you to your new room!" She spoke .

She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the house . It was old and a lot of the paint looked scratched off the wooden walls .

Very different from the houses I'm used to .

"Here we are" she spoke opening a room door .

The room was the size of my old closet at home , so small .

It had a twin sized bed, a night stand and a small dresser.

"I know it's nothing compared to what your dad had you in but it's not that bad, me and Your dad grew up in this house" she spoke .

"Thank you for letting me stay here" I spoke as I pushed my suitcase into the room.

"No problem baby, you're family" she spoke pulling me into a hug.

"Now let me introduce you to your cousins!"

I followed her back out to the porch and watched as she introduced me.

"This is my daughter zariah , and my son isaiah"

I waved dryly .

"And they ratchet ass friends" she added .

"I know she didn't!" One of the girls spoke "anyways , I'm ebony and this is jaybo" she finished.

"Nice to meet y'all" i said before going back to my car.

"All this is you right here?" Ebony asked as she walked up on my car . "Yes" i spoke taking a bucket out my car.

I walked it back to my room then came out again seeing them all up in my car.

"Ummm?" I questioned walking up to my car .

"My bad Shorty!" Jaybo spoke getting out the drivers seat .

"I aint never even been in a push start" he spoke .

"Y'all get out too" i spoke tho the other three .

"Yo shit look new too we can hotbox in it" Isaiah spoke .

"No y'all won't be hot boxing anything"

"Why you acting so rude and bougie?" Jaybo asked me .

"Me rude ? Y'all just watched me move two heavy ass things into the house and ain't ask to help me , what kinda men are y'all?"

"These some lazy ass niggas if it ain't benefiting them they won't do it" zariah spoke as she grabbed one of my suit cases out .

"Why you gotta bring us down tho? I thought we was friends zari ?" Jaybo asked .

"It's the truth tho" ebony spoke grabbing a bucket .

They started walking to the house and that was the last of it so I closed everything and locked my doors .

"Don't let them lie to you we not lazy at all" Isaiah spoke as they sat back on the porch .

I walked past them and went into my room "thank y'all" I spoke and the girls nodded before leaving .

I closed my door and thought about how I was going to make this little room feel like home .

_______________________________________________

I didn't wanna add toooo many characters .

But we met Theresa Jaybo, Isaiah, ebony and zariah in this chapter.

These are side characters, the book is mainly about Chelsea .