6

Chelsea •

I listened to the teacher talk while waiting for the bell to ring, And when It did I hopped up making my way out the classroom.

I walked down the hall and smiled seeing Amir at his same spot .

As i was walking up to him someone beat me , I stopped and watched as he talked to the guy.

He then dug in his pocket and grabbed something out , him in and boy clapped hands then the boy handed him some money and walked off .

I furrowed my eyebrows, was that a drug sale ?

I walked up to Amir and he rolled his eyes soon as he saw me .

"Why did that guy give you money?" I asked .

"You the feds or something?" He asked looking down at me .

"No im just curious"

"Well stop being curious" he spoke ,

"Okayyy, well where you going for lunch?" I asked .

"How did u find my instagram?" He asked ignoring my question.

"My suggestions on instagram...Why u only have 137 followers?" I asked him , lying about how I found his page .

"Because I'm not friendly and I don't do the social media shit fr"

I nodded .

"So back to my question, where are we going for lunch?" I asked .

"I usually hang in the stairway" he spoke .

"Why?"

"To be alone"

"Well let's be alone together"

He smiled causing me to smile.

He then laughed and dropped his smile "sike , girl leave me the fuck alone I don't want friends" he spoke then walked off .

I poked my bottom lip out then started looking around . "Hey girl?"

I smiled seeing Mariah . "Hey" i spoke .

"I see u tryna hang with Amir"

"What's his problem? I've been so nice to him and he's still being rude"

"He's rude to everybody Amir only hangs with one person, Anthony and when Anthony got expelled Amir just been to himself" she spoke .

"What did his friend get expelled for?"

"Having sex under the bleachers"

My Jaw dropped and Mariah laughed .

"I can tell you not from here" she spoke .

"I'm from texas , I lived in a very rich neighborhood"

"Really ? What made u come here?"

"My dad went to jail and we lost all our money.. I had to move in with my aunt.. just until im 18 though" I spoke .

"So you're gonna get your own place?"

"Hell yea , ima stay out here though but definitely need my own spot" i nodded .

"Well how are you gonna get it ? You just said y'all are broke.."

"Umm idk" i shrugged .

I never really thought about all that .

"My job is hiring , it's only 15.50 a hour but if u save a lot you should be able to move , that's what I'm doing shit I've been saving since freshman year" Mariah spoke .

"Idk, I've never had to work for anything everything was always handed to me" I spoke .

"Well I'll let you think about it , and give me your number I'll send you the link for if you want to apply" she spoke handing me her phone .

I typed my number in and saved it then after she texted me I saved her number in my phone ,

Soon as she sent the link the bell rung . "I'll see you later" she spoke and i nodded walking off to my class .

I pressed on the link seeing walmart carrers pop up.

"She works at Walmart" i mumbled .

I shook my head then closed my phone because no I'm not working at Walmart .

____________________________________________

Voteeeee😭!