Chapter Thirteen

"No, Ryan. Mommy is fine." I told Ryan, but it sounded like I was convincing myself. 

I was really worried about Neil. He has been in the hospital for three days now, and his condition is getting worse and worse. He was still unconscious. Not a single hint of him being aware of his surroundings were shown yet. He was only breathing. Everything just seemed so lifeless. Nothing was interesting without Neil. The doctor's words kept roaming in my head. 

He might lose his life. 

I was worried sick. I just keep repeating it in my head, but nothing comes out of it. I try to tell myself that he'll be fine, but it just seems like I'm trying to convince myself that, while I know that it won't be that easy. 

I walked to the fridge and drank some water out of the bottle. It was pretty late and I have no clue where Xavier was. I called him several times, but he won't pick up or reply to any of my messages. I was really worried, but I tried to keep calm for the sake of my baby. I walked to Ryan's room and opened the door, just to find him sleeping. 

I just stood at the door frame and watched him breathing steadily. Ryan looked really adorable. I realized that he was shivering and that the window was open. I walked into the room and closed the window first and threw the covers over his cute little body. I smiled at myself as I looked at him again and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me. 

Neil was still on my mind. It was hard not to think of him. Everything reminds me of him. Literally. I wish everything could go back to normal. Neil would be okay again and play with my son, have fun with us, be all giddy with us. The only thing we can do right now, is hope and pray that my dear cousin will be alright. 

I walked into Xavier and I's room and checked my phone to see if Xavier send some message or any calls. He had indeed sent a message that said: 'Don't worry. I'm at the hospital and I'll be home soon.'

Why in the holy hell is he at the hospital? And how? 

Maybe he's just keeping tabs on Neil. Yeah, that could be it... Keep it together Hadley. Neil is fine, no need to worry. Nothing will happen to him. He'll be fine. I kept on telling myself. It's gonna be fine. Then why the fuck are my guts acting like a bitch!? I kept getting this weird feeling and I most certainly don't like it. 

I tried calling Xavier, but he won't pick up the damn phone. I groaned and threw the phone on the bed. I could not stop worrying. I grabbed the towel and walked to the bathroom to take a nice and hot shower. I released my hair from the bun it was tied in, after taking off my clothes. I stepped into the shower and turned on the tap, making the warm water fall over my naked body. 

My baby stomach was already very visible. It felt really amazing. Having a baby was amazing, but sometimes it does hurt though. I sighed when Neil came into my mind. Will Neil see my baby? What if he loses his life? What if something happened to him? 

No. That can not happen! 

After taking a shower, I wrapped the towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed one of Xavier's over-sized t-shirts and my underwear. I put them on and went into the kitchen and drank some water and went into the living room. I just sat there, my mind racing, thinking about all the things that could happen. 

Suddenly I heard the door open with a bang, making me startle. My head whipped to the direction the bang came from and I saw a very worried Xavier. He took a deep breath and his shoulders sagged. 

"Neil his life is in danger." 

My Protective Billionaire [CURRENTLY UNDER HEAVY EDITING!]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें