Chapter Twenty

I gasped for air as I was brought to the operation theater. I felt Xavier squeezing my hand tightly, making me feel like my heart was about to burst. I hated seeing Xavier like this. There was no doubt that I love him and he loves me, but what will happen to him if something happens to me? Will he be able to make it? What about Ryan? Oh my god, my son!

"Hadley, please stay with me. Don't... Don't leave me." Xavier clutched onto my hand.

I once again gasped for air. I felt like somehow the air couldn't reach my lungs. It felt like I was dying. I don't want to die. I really don't want to die. I felt my mind shutting down. Everything started to get blurry and soon everything was dark. The last thing I saw and heard was Xavier his face and him saying to stay awake.

I tried. I tried really hard to keep open my eyes. All I could hear was the nurse yelling at the doctor that my condition is getting more and more critical. That I'm on the edge of dying. I could even hear Xavier letting out curses and groans, telling me to keep my eyes open. But I couldn't...

Everything went dark...

☆ Margaret's POV ☆

I grinned as Neil shot me a wink. I was happy that Neil was getting better. It was past twelve already and Neil was still wide awake, while my eyes started to feel heavy. I closed my eyes for a second, but ended up falling asleep.

~~~

"Hey." I heard his voice in the distance.

I turned around, just to find Neil standing behind me with open arms. I grinned widely and started running towards him, as fast as my two legs could carry me.

I finally reached Neil and wrapped my arms around his neck as I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. Right then I realized how much I live Neil and how much he means to me.

"I love you, Neil." I breathed out.

"I lo--"

"Quick, doctor. We're losing her!" I shot up when I heard one of the nurses yelling.

I looked at Neil and Neil looked at me.

"Probably someone got badly hurt." Neil said and I nodded.

"Fucking open your eyes!" We heard someone else yell now. My eyes grew wide out of realization. Neil and I both looked at each other with wide eyes, gaping at each other.

"Xavier..." both of us said at the same time.

I got up from the chair and narrowed my eyes at Neil. "You stay here." I said and walked out of the room. Practically ran out the room.

I looked to my left and saw the doctors taking someone into the operation theater. My eyes grew wide like two tennis balls when I saw Xavier with a tear stained face. What the...

I ran over to Xavier and placed my hand on his shoulder, since his back was facing me. He turned around and my heart sunk into my stomach when I saw his red face with stained tears. Oh Xavier...

"What happened? Why are you crying?" I asked him.

"H-Hadley got shot." He breathed in and breathed out heavily. 

What the fuck?

"How!?" I yelped.

"We had a fight, then I drove away from home to my mother's greenhouse, but she tracked my phone down and she soon was at the greenhouse too. We went to the car after we had sorted everything out but then two robbers... This is all my fault."  He ran his hands on his face.