𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

éowyn loved to party. like any typical high schooler, she loved the feeling of going to a party and getting drunk off her ass. she loved the euphoric feeling she got from the dancing the night away and playing drinking games. her favorite would forever be beer pong. she was incredible at it.

      scooter shared the girl's love for parties. his favorite part was always the mingling. him, being the social butterfly he was, talked to almost everyone at parties. his second favorite part was the drinking games. his favorite so happened to be beer pong as well.

      when jessica carter announced she was having a party on friday night, scooter, éowyn, mindy, and rick collectively agreed to go. éowyn was a little nervous about the party because she didn't want to hook up with a random guy and make it look like she had been cheating on scooter even though they weren't even technically dating.

      after mindy and éowyn had finished getting dressed and stuff, they met with rick and scooter who were driving them to the party. rick had decided prior to the party that he would be the designated driver for the night. éowyn was holding him up to that since she had planned to get absolutely hammered.

      scooter raked his eyes up and down éowyn and took in a shaky breath as she walked towards him. éowyn smiled sheepishly and her cheeks flushed a little under his gaze. he was wearing a dark pants and and dark button up. scooter had left a couple of the buttons towards the top undone and messy.

      éowyn couldn't help but stare at the portion of his chest that had been left exposed. she could see his toned chest and bit her lip at the sight. she felt a little weak at the knees at the mere sight of scooter. it was safe to say he looked fine as fuck.

      "you look gorgeous as always, love," scooter said jokingly. éowyn snapped out of her daze and laughed, with a little hint of a blush on her cheeks.

      "well you look very nice as well, babe," she laughed. the two walked to rick's car and got in. the group rode to jessica's huge house. it had only been about a fifteen minute ride from the dorms at the school, so they weren't in the car for long. éowyn had been bouncing her knee the entire car ride because she was so excited to get drunk. it had been a couple weeks since had been drunk.

      once they arrived, scooter opened the door for her and took her hand, intertwining his finger with her own. the music from the party wafted outside and as soon as the group entered the house they overcome by the sound. clouds of smoke filled the air and the home wreaked of cheap vodka and tequila. éowyn dragged scooter straight to where the cheap alcohol was, wanting to get drunk fast.

      "hey! you're not going to wait? i'm not judging, just curious," scooter yelled over the music. éowyn laughed at him and downed a shot of vodka that she had poured for herself.

      "no! the whole point of coming to these parties is to get drunk. now, let's go play beer pong!" she yelled with a huge grin on her face. scooter admired the happy look she wore and replicated it onto his face. the two made their way over to where a game of beer pong had just finished.

      "you and me against each other," scooter demanded. éowyn's smile somehow got bigger, agreeing to that idea and she immediately started to set up her cups while scooter set up his. once they were done, scooter went first.

      his first throw, he had just narrowly missed one of the outer cups, but on hs second throw he had successfully made it into a cup. 

      "drink up, love," scooter smiled at his "girlfriend" she picked up the cup, took out the ball, and threw it back to scooter. then, she lifted the red solo cup to her lips and quickly drank the liquid.

      the two continued to play for while. the game came down to one-one near the end, but éowyn pulled through and beat scooter. he had been thoroughly impressed with her talent in beer pong. he considered himself to be a god when it came to beer pong.

      both of them were moderately drunk by the end of the game. éowyn had been taking occasional shots between rounds and scooter ended having a couple as well. it was safe to say that definitely were not sober.

      as the two were laughing with one another, they saw madison storming over to them. éowyn had to resist the urge to laugh at the girl. she did look pretty fucking stupid storming over to the couple like that.

      "i know you two are faking it. there is no fucking way my scooter would ever go for you. you are so pathetic, éowyn," madison exclaimed angrily. éowyn looked at madison and laughed right in her face. that only made madison angrier. 

      madison raised her hand to slap éowyn, but éowyn was faster. she quickly gripped the madison's wrist, tight and squeezed as hard as she could. madison winced in pain and éowyn dropped the girl's wrist. 

      madison looked down at the red marks forming on her wrist and then back up at éowyn. anyone could see the little bits of fear in her face before she stormed off to wherever.

      "i need another drink," éowyn proclaimed before running off to the mini bar in jessica's house. scooter promptly followed behind, making sure the girl didn't or something crazy or stupid.

      éowyn poured herself two more shots and drank them, shaking her head at the putrid taste of the liquor going down her throat. she looked up and locked eyes with scooter. both of them had just stared at each other. éowyn bit her lip and watched as scooter's eyes traveled down to look. they both could feel the tension between them.

      it clouded the air like a thick blanket, enveloping the two, forcing them closer together. éowyn was the first to take a step closer. she took another, then another, until they were finally face to face with one another. 

      she looked at his lips before moving her gaze back towards his eyes. scooter stared down at her with what could only be described as lust and passion. lust, not love. scooter had always found éowyn attractive, even before they had started "dating." she had these gorgeous eyes that he was able to stare at all day, but he never wanted to until then. 

      scooter tilted his head down towards éowyn's and she moved hers closer, feeding into their own lust. éowyn could feel scooter's hot breath, which smelled of mint, beer, an vodka, brush against her lips. the tiniest of movements could cause for their lips to touch and scooter was just close the distance between them, when they heard mindy yell drunkenly.

      "there you are! oh, wow, you two are super close. was i interrupting something?" mindy slurred. scooter and éowyn jumped back from each other, and both flushed a deep, crimson red. they both could not believe they had almost kissed. éowyn missed the way it felt to be close to him and so did he. 

      she glanced over to scooter as he did the same to her. the sexual tension between the two had been intense and intense emotions like those do not just fade.

author's note:

sorry this is up so late. i have been super busy today and haven't had time to write until now. anyways, bye <3