𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

scooter went into éowyn's bathroom to get changed while she just got changed in the middle of her room. when scooter came out of the bathroom, she had just finished putting on her shirt and he saw a tiny bit of her stomach. the tension in the room had already been thick enough, but that made it worse.

      "i'm going to brush my teeth. i will be right back," éowyn explained before going into her bathroom and closing the door. scooter walked around her room and looked at everything there. the first thing he noticed was the little snow globe on her dresser.

      he grabbed it off of her shelf and examined it. inside was a little picture of what seemed to be éowyn when she was a younger child and a younger boy. he looked familiar to scooter, almost as if he had met him before. 

      then, éowyn walked out of her bathroom and noticed scooter looking at the snow globe. she quietly walked over to him and rested her chin on his shoulder. scooter turned his head to look at the girl he called his best friend and she looked down at the snow globe.

      "that's me and rick when we were little," éowyn explained and scooter moved his gaze back down to the object in his hands. he examined the picture once more and finally saw the resemblance. although, he was extremely confused.

      "i didn't know you guys knew each other when you guys were kids," scooter confessed. éowyn removed herself from his shoulder and walked to where she could look at him. 

      "our parents are pretty good friends along with mindy's parents. we all grew up together. i had this snow globe made with that picture so i could always remember that day. it was my favorite childhood memory," she explained. scooter couldn't help but wish he had been friends with éowyn for longer. he really wished he had more time with the girl.

      "alright, well, let's go to bed because i am tired. i exerted way too much energy making those cookies. jeez i feel like i just got hit with a fucking train," éowyn said while walking over to her bed. she got in on one side and laid down.

      scooter waited a moment before slowly walking over to her bed as well. he was nervous to sleep with her because he didn't want to make the girl uncomfortable. scooter had a tendency to cuddle in his sleep which he considered embarrassing.

      he slowly lowered himself into éowyn's bed and wrapped himself in the covers. he laid awkwardly for a moment before éowyn turned out the lights settled down. neither of the teenagers spoke a word in the silent room. 

      awkward tension filled the air. the two tried to fall asleep for about ten minutes. éowyn had been tossing around, trying to find a comfortable position where she wasn't all over scooter.

      "éowyn! are you still awake?" scooter whisper shouted. she opened her eyes and looked at scooter who had been looking at her.

      "yes. why? can you not fall asleep either?" she asked him. he nodded his head and they both looked at each other in the dark. neither of them really knew what they should do in that moment. both wanted to just wrap their arms around each other, but they didn't want to speak up about it.

      "can we just cuddle already?" scooter sighed out, getting frustrated with the silence. éowyn laughed at his bluntness and scooted closer to him. the boy wrapped his arms around the smaller girl and she draped her arm over his torso. she could feel his muscles pressing onto her from his shirt. hockey did wonders for scooter.

      "goodnight, love," scooter whispered to the girl in his arms. it felt right for her to be there. he had a couple girlfriends in his life and none of them even compared to éowyn and she wasn't even his real girlfriend. the way she made him feel was almost euphoric. when he was with her, he felt as if he had taken all the right drugs.