𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

scooter and éowyn got up from the couch and made their way into the kitchen where mindy and rick had been waiting for the two. éowyn picked up her phone and opened it up to the recipe she had gotten from pinterest. 

      "hold on. i will be right back. i want to grab my speaker so we can listen to christmas music," éowyn exclaimed. christmas was her favorite time of the year and even though it had only been around the middle of october, she still wanted to listen to christmas music.

      the girl excitedly ran up the stairs of her house and into her room where her speaker had been sitting on her bed. she rushed over and grabbed it before running back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

      "i got it!" she yelled. she quickly turned on her speaker and shuffled her playlist titled, "when you're in need of christmas music." the first song to come on was rockin' around the christmas tree by brenda lee. that song was one of her favorites mostly because it was in home alone which was her favorite christmas movie.

      the group began to make the cookies and they all sang along to the words of the songs. once they had put in the first batch of cookies, éowyn put on mistletoe by justin bieber and her and mindy started to dance together.

      "IMMA BE UNDER THE MISTLETOE! WITH YOU!" éowyn and mindy screamed at the top of their lungs. they were pretty sure éowyn's neighbors could hear the girls screaming a justin bieber christmas song at the top of their lungs, but they didn't care.

      scooter had watched éowyn with admiration. that was the moment when he realized that he felt something a little deeper than just a friendly relationship with the girl. the way her face lit up as she sang along to the song playing throughout the house ignited something in his stomach.

       butterflies. he could not believe that a simple girl had caused for so many butterflies to swarm through his stomach. who even gets butterflies anymore, he had asked himself. he thought it was utterly ridiculous that he had gotten butterflies. it almost made him angry, but when he looked back to éowyn and saw how happy she was, he couldn't bring it upon himself to be angry with her. it was simply impossible.

      he interrupted the two girls and held his hand out for éowyn to take and asked, "care to dance, m'lady?" she looked up from his hand gave him a huge smile. she took his hand in hers and they started to dance together. the song had changed to have yourself a merry little christmas by bing crosby. 

      mindy had joined rick off to the side and they watched their best friends as they danced together. mindy had a light smile and couldn't help but feel tremendous joy and happiness for her friend. she knew éowyn had been with so many shitty guys and she was glad she had finally found someone who treated her for what she was worth.

      scooter and éowyn swayed along to the music that played from the speaker seated on the counter top. éowyn rested her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. she noticed how fast it was beating and looked up to scooter with a grin.

      "are you nervous, babe?" she teased. a deep blush formed onto scooter's face and he looked away from her, clearing his throat. then, the timer for the cookies went off.

      "oh, won't you look at that? the cookies are done," scooter said while scurrying away from the girl and grabbed the oven mits that were set on the counter. the rest of the group laughed at the flustered boy.

      they all continued to make cookies for a majority of the night. it had been around twelve when they finally had finished and stopped eating all of the cookies. they cleaned up the mess they had made and wrapped up all the cookies for later.

      "ok, so i only have one guest room. mindy and rick, you guys can share the guest room or rick and scooter, you guys can share. we can also all sleep on the couch in the living room," éowyn suggested to the group. mindy and rick smirked to each other.

      "rick and i will take the guest room. you and scooter can share. i mean, it shouldn't be a problem since you are technically dating, right?" mindy asked. éowyn gave her a look.

      "no, they would not be a problem at all. plus, fake dating and real dating are two completely different things, asshole," éowyn said, flipping mindy off. mindy just laughed and dragged rick upstairs to the guest bedroom. she had already known were it was because she had been to éowyn's house too many times.

      "ok, so i guess it's just us now. come on, i'll show you to my room," éowyn said while walking to the stairs. the two made their way up to her room. it was on the opposite side of the house of the guest bedroom, so they did not see mindy or rick.

      "wow. i like your room. it's super nice," scooter said while looking around at the different posters and picture she had lying around.

      "look at how little you look in this picture! where is this from?" scooter questioned as he held up on the many pictures éowyn had on her desk. she walked over to where scooter was and examined the picture in his hand.

      "that is from when my parents took me greece for a summer. it was fun at the time, but now that i look back at it, it was super boring. all my parents did was work stuff," she shrugged before continuing, "so, do you want to sleep on the bed and i sleep on the floor, or do you want to sleep on the floor and i sleep on the bed?"

      "how about we both sleep on the bed. i mean, you have a queen sized bed. we can both fit," scooter laughed. she felt a blush creep onto her cheeks. she felt pretty stupid even suggesting that he could sleep on the floor.

     "ok, so then it is settled. we will both sleep on the bed," she said aloud, confirming what he had suggested. scooter nodded and the two began to prepare for bed.

author's note:

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AGAIN FOR 4 DAYS. i really need to get it together. i don't know why i have been procrastinating so much with writing. i think i just went way too fast with the adam book, so i was a little burnt out when it came to writing this book. whatever, i'm going to most likely update again tonight, but idk. i have to go out to lunch and stuff with my sister tomorrow and i have a bunch of other stuff to do, so i don't know if i will post tomorrow., anyways, bye <3