Ch. 64 - Visiting the CEO

***** One Month Later *****

It took Everly a month to work up the nerve to fly to London to visit Keaton. She knew she needed to do it, but she was terrified to face him. What if he threw her out before she even had the chance to explain herself and tell him why she did what she did on their wedding day? What if he refused to even see her at all? Both of those were very real possibilities, but she had to at least try.

Everly's taxi pulled up in front of a shiny, silver skyscraper in downtown London and she got out and looked up at it, admiring how beautiful it was. The fact that Keaton owned that entire building now was just crazy. She shut the taxi door and looked down at herself, straightening up her blouse and tight black pencil skirt before walking forward, hearing the click clack of her four inch stilettos on the sidewalk as she made her way towards the entryway that said, 'Ashford Industries' above it.

She walked through the wide revolving door into the large open lobby that was brightly lit and very modern and fancy. The sight of it took her breath away and she stood there for a minute just taking in the view of the huge room that had several floors with clear glass walls that faced the lobby and a large sitting area where people were lounging and talking with smiles on their faces. There was a background sound of splashing water from the cascading waterfall feature and a grand piano being played in the distance.

Everly nervously walked forward through the sitting area, noticing that people were scanning badges to get through the turnstiles that led to the elevators

She walked over to the security desk and said, "Hi," to the middle-aged, brunette woman who was wearing a nice business suit with her hair slicked back into a low bun.

"Hi," she said with a smile. "Can I help you?"

"Yes. I'm here to visit someone but he's not expecting me."

"What's his name?" she asked, pulling her computer screen over and typing onto it.

"Keaton Ashcroft."

The woman let out an exhale and turned to Everly, saying with an annoyed tone of voice, "I'm sorry ma'am, but Mr. Ashcroft doesn't accept unannounced visitors."