Quack, Quack

"That's right, red is oxygen. Now, what are the blue balls?" Our teacher asked making the class laugh. "Hydrogen?" Tommy asked. "Correct. Now put them together and you have a molecule that makes up 96% of your body. What is it?"

"Ice cream!" I yelled from my spot next to Connie and Aspen making everyone laugh. "It's the principle, I'll be right back." Our teacher walked out of the room. "How'd the forfeit go, Spaz-way."

"Yeah, did ya score?" Peter and Karp asked Charlie. "Shut it, you two." I said from behind them. "You're one to talk, Little Miss. Scarlett, Coach's pet."

"Yeah we all know he likes you best."

"And Charlie!" Peter laughed.

"Likes him mom, you mean."

"Take it back, Karp." Charlie yelled moving the desk to push Karp. Another school fight, my favorite. Time to make a visit to my good old friend Fulton in the principals office. "Back off, Karp." Connie pushed Karp away and me and Guy immediately stood up and pushed Karp.

We all started to fight when the principal came in and yelled at us all. "Sit!" She demanded. "You, sit!" She yelled pointing at me. "No, thanks." I said crossing my arms. I love getting her mad, it's the highlight of my day. Besides, my desk was thrown across the room anyway.

"What do you have to say for yourselves."

"Quack!" Everyone started chanting over and over again. "Stop and sit this instant!" She yelled at me. "Make me." I smirked standing there. "My office, now!" She yelled leading me to her office. "Goodbye my fellow teammates! I'm off to pay my daily visit, to my favorite office, with my favorite lady!" I shouted while she dragged me down the hall.

-

"Hey Fulton!" I smiled plopping in the seat next to him. "Anderson! What're ya here for this time?" He asked ruffling my hair. "Big classroom fight, quacking at the principal, and back talking the principal. So, nothing new. What about you?"

"I asked a kid, nicely, to give me his lunch money. And the principal just so happened to be walking by. So, ya, nothing new for me either." He shrugged. "Wanna play a game? We're gonna be here for a while."

"Yup, might as well get comfortable."

-

I was half asleep with my head on Fulton's shoulder, when I heard a familiar voice,"Excuse me, there's some students I'd like to see." I opened my eyes, rubbing them to get rid of the blurring. "Who are you?"

"I'm their hockey coach." As soon as I heard that I jumped up. "Coach Bombay!" I ran up to him with Fulton behind me. "Scarlett? Fulton? What are you doing here?" He looked at me and Fulton with a confused face. "Long story. Come on. I'll explain." I said bringing him to where the other students are.

-

"Woah, holy hell." I said in shock while walking into the room everyone was in. I just got done telling coach the whole story.

Bombay also told me about his whole situation with Adam, his father, Coach Riley, and Bombay's now ex-boss, Mr. Ducksworth. Mr. Banks and Coach Riley tried to work out a deal with PeeWee Hockey League to keep Adam for the rest of the season, then re-draft the lines correctly.

The room was filled with my teammates, who were writing, 'I will not quack at the principal.'

"What do you want" Karp said annoyed. "I wanna talk to you guys."

"People." Me, Tammy, Aspen, and Connie said at the same time making each other laugh. "People, right." Bombay nodded.

"Look, what's done is done. I wanna be your coach again."

"You wanna coach a bunch of losers?" Averman raised his eyebrows. "No. I wanna coach the ducks." Bombay glared at him. "What about the things you said? You said we didn't deserve to live." Karp complained making me roll my eyes. "Sarcasm, Karp. For the last time." I shook my head.

"Yes, exactly. You guys know what it's like to be misunderstood, right?"

"Yeah, of course. We're kids." Peter said making everyone nod. "So, can you forgive me? Can I be your coach again?"

"What about Banks?" Jesse said making me roll my eyes, again. "He can be on the team if he wants. He should have been with us all year. It's you guys who were cheated. But let's forget all that crap. We're a team, right?"

"Yeah!"

"I made you guys-"

"Debatable." I shrugged and everyone laughed. "And I'm sticking with you guys." Bombay said shaking his head at me with a smile. "So, what's it gonna be? We can play tomorrow night, and still have a shot at the play-offs...or we can forfeit again, and the seasons over. Peter, what do you say?" Bombay looked over at Peter who started to think. "Of course you ask one of the most stubborn and least forgiving team members." I crossed my arms while Peter galred at me. "Well, I guess it would help if we practiced first." He said making the team smile at each other. "You really quacked at the principal?" Bombay asked in disbelief.

"Thank Scarlett!"

"Yeah! It was her fault."

"She started it."

"Maybe..."

-

i had to split this up into two chapters because it was a lottt