Chapter 13: You

Tears blur my vision at James's speech. I arrived just in time to hear Duchess Yolanda start screaming about how James was in a secret relationship with a commoner. Ugh, I hate that word. Can't she just call me a tailor? Soon, guards grab Yolanda and drag her off the stage. James steps up on it and my heart starts beating a million miles per hour. Jordan's right next to me, and I know he's smiling.

"(Y/n)."

James says my name and I start nudging my way through the crowd so he knows I'm here. When James sees me, he jumps down off the stage and runs to me. When we meet, he spins me around and pulls me into a kiss. When we pull apart, I smile up at him.

"I didn't think you'd come."

"Jordan convinced me to."

James looks over my shoulder. I turn around and see Jordan there. They shake hands before hugging. "Thank you for convincing her come to come."

"It was all you, man. You were the one she loves."

I smile back up at James as the royals around us started talking again.

"I love your dress."

"Thank you, Your Majesty. I made it myself." I smooth the skirt of my dress. It's somewhere between a ballgown and a mermaid dress. It's a solid gold with blue and green tulle cut diagonally and sewn over my hips. The gold stops at a sleeveless top, but more blue and green make up a fairy-tale style with open sleeves. I have gold ballet flats on my feet so I don't roll an ankle in heels and gold colored bracelets and a gold necklace for jewelry.

"You look absolutely stunning. I was wondering, (Y/n) (L/n), would you marry me?" He pulls out a ring with a blue zircon in the center and emeralds studded around the central stone. I immediately cover my mouth with my hands before nodding. He slips the ring on my finger and we kiss.

The night goes on and James and I spend all of our time together. He introduces me to every royal present and always introduces me as his future Queen. I blush every time. He even introduces me to his father. I curtsy in front of the previous king.

"So, you're the woman who captured the heart of my son."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"My son has told me about your romance with him. Before, I was strictly against my son marrying someone not of royal blood. Now, I accept his choice to marry you."

"Your Highness, it is an honor."

Not long after, we run into Jordan who is talking Princess Abigail. They seem to be hitting it off pretty well. When James and I come up to Jordan, he smiles at the ring on my finger.

"Congrats (Y/n)," he says, giving me a big hug.

"Thanks Jordan."

Abigail and I start talking, her admiring my ring and me admiring her dress. The colors work so well with her complexion and hair color, but not so much with her eyes. Her and I are going to get together to see what I can make for her. I'm thinking a sleeveless dress with a gradient from pale green to my most stunning jade green to match her eyes  While we're talking, James and Jordan are talking about Jordan's filming dreams.

"I want you to work for me, doing film work and cinematography."

"Your Majesty, I would be honored."

"We're way past that. I'm marrying your best friend. You can call me James."

"Thanks James. I can't believe it."

"You better believe it. Plus, you two can live in the castle if you want."

"James, that is awesome to hear. But, where can (Y/n) sew? She's already making plans with Abigail on a new dress for her."

"The castle has tons of rooms that aren't in use. In fact, nearly every room by my study has no use. She can use those rooms."

"That's great, but she makes dresses for people in the village, too. She's the only tailor in town."

"They can come here too. In fact, everyone will need nice clothes to wear soon enough."

"Why's that?"

"The entire kingdom is invited to the ball that we're going to be hosting celebrating (Y/n) and my engagement."

"That is great news! That should keep (Y/n) busy for a long time."

"(Y/n), I think they're playing our song," James says, holding his hand out to me.

"We have a song?" I ask, both perplexed and happy.

"We do now."

James pulls me onto the dance floor as someone start singing the lyrics. I recognize the song as "Lavender's Blue". James and I get lost in the music and our dancing. We kiss as one lyric hits home with both of us. "When I am king, dilly dilly, you shall be queen."