Chapter 3: The Changed Charmer

"They get the note?"
"All three of them, sir."

"..PERFECT! Order the boys downstairs some food, on me! We're gonna celebrate!" The man said, as he stood up from his seat, letting his trench coat follow behind him.

"Celebrate what, sir?"
"The beginning of something. Keep asking questions and I'll cut your tongue off. LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!"

Meanwhile..

  After being handed a note and pinkie, I'd be pretty confused as to what just happened. I decide to try and stand, but look to my left. I see a bag and a needle in my arm, I'm guessing that's painkiller.

If they're still giving me that, I'm guessing I can't stand up just yet. I look around and see the curtains, shut. I reach for the rope to open them, as I feel myself slipping more and more out of bed. 

Suddenly, someone pulls me back onto the bed. As I turn to face him, I can barely see his face, as he opens the blinds for me.

It's a blonde kid with a scar running down his face. He sits down in front of me, just looking at me.

"Would you like something?"
"You have the pinky right?" The man says, as I nod.

He stands up and grabs the pinky. He looks at it for a second and throws the pinky down the street.
"What was that for?"
"You really don't know who you're up against, do you?" The man says, as he sits back down.

"He's one of the most fucked up batshit insane people I've ever seen, and he's a patriarch." The blonde said, as I looked outside.

"Who the hell are you?"

"My name is Fuben Henka, and I'm here to help."

Fuben cleaned up around the room, fixing knocked over furniture and fixing the bag of fluid beside me.  

"Why'd you throw the finger away?"
"With the finger, he knows where you are. I'll have to teach you how to walk so we can get outta this dump." Fuben says, as he disconnects the fluid.

"You're gonna feel a slight pain, but it'll be fine."

Out of nowhere, my vision goes red. I can barely see in front of me. My entire body hurts, and I can't feel anything but pain.

Then I felt a slap. Then my vision returns, as I look up at Fuben.

"You good? I gave you a bit of adrenaline, so you'll feel a bit.. pissed." He says, as I look down at my arm. I see a needle sticking out of it, as my vision begins to go blurry.

"There it is, come on! Stand up!" Fuben says, as I sit up from my hospital bed in a flash.

I put one foot down, and trust it'll stay standing. I put my second foot down, while holding onto the bed. I let go of the bed, and I can feel something happening. Me and Fuben look at each other, as I realize I'm standing proud.

Before I knew it, my knees give in, and I fall to the ground.

"Yeah, we'll need to practice that."

We spent what felt like 2 hours practicing how to stand up, while Fuben and I laughed at every time my knees couldn't stand upright.

I hear a knock, as Fuben walks over to open the door. I sit on the chairs in the middle, while Fuben opens the door. 

Suddenly, Fuben backs up. I could barely see who was at the door, but someone punches Fuben down to the floor.

"Hey! Wait a sec-"
"You really think you could just stroll back in after the kind of shit you pulled a year ago? I should bury you in this hospital!" The voice says, as I lean forward to see who it was.

Fruity picks up Fuben by the collar, as Kamaye tightens his fist.

"HEY! He's here to help! You guys have a history with him?"

"Yes, we do actually! This douche nearly killed Shizuka! He has the scar to prove it!" Kamaye says, as Fuben stutters.

"I-I'm only here to help! I'm sorry for what I did back then, but right now, you've gotten yourselves into a deep hole, and I'm here to get you out of it! So let me go already!" Fuben says, as he pushes Fruity off.

Kamaye looks at me, as Fruity walks back to his room.

"If he gets out of line once, he's a dead man. From now on, you're not allowed to BREATHE without letting me know." Kamaye says, as Fuben nods. Kamaye walks back to his room, as I''m left there, confused.

"Did you really do everything they said?"
"..Yeah."

"THEN WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?! I'VE BEEN DEFENDING YOU, AND YOU ALMOST KILL ONE OF MY FRIENDS?!"

"OKAWA! Look!" Fuben says, as he points down.

I'm standing?

"I'M STANDING! Now, I can beat you to death!" I say, as Fuben brings me to my seat.

"Two years go, I was being blackmailed into working against Kamaye and his group. What they had didn't matter, because back then, I was yearning for respect. But look at me, I'm don't have strength, but I have looks. I manipulated my way to get what I wanted, but I was blissfully ignorant for what was to come. I got the scar across my face from Kamaye and Fruity." 

"What did you do for an entire year after all that happened?"

"After I got out of the hospital, I had no place to stay. For a while, I scammed people out of
Cho-Han games, faking the dice so that it'd always land where I wanted it to. But, again, I didn't learn from history, and was doomed to repeat it. I lost all the money I had made by your friend in the other room. After that, I stopped. I decided I should help someone, anyone, to make myself have purpose. I became a servant to the Yamagashi Family goons, until I saw someone trying to run to the Yamagashi Castle. I followed her, cause I saw something in her eyes. I saw purpose, and that purpose was love, so I followed her. Eventually, a bunch of the goons found her and began to harass her, so I stepped in, then got my shit kicked in. But, I had taken a knife from one of the guys. I killed 5 of them, and took their rings. Because nobody knew who I was, they didn't want to question how I got the rings. So I immediately graduated to Lieutenant Advisor of the Yamagashi Family, and now I'm here."

"Whoa. Why are you here then?"
"I'm here to be your spy."

"Really?! Hell yeah!" I said, as I stood up.

"Heh, you're dancing."
"Who cares? You're a changed man, and now you're our spy!" I say, as Yuki walks into the room.

"Oh, hey Yuki! I can stand now thanks to my new friend!" I say, as Yuki looks over at me and him.

Suddenly..
This kid in all black opens the door to the room, his fist dripping blood and his face and bandages completely clean. He didn't look injured, and almost looked proud. He had a bag of sushi from the restaurant I loved to eat at, and threw it onto the table in front of us, barely touched. He looked over at Yuki and I, then began to speak. 

"Where's Akira?"