| 34 |

Closing the lid of my water bottle, I turned off all the lights downstairs before heading up to my room. Right as I reached the second floor, I saw my dad getting out of the master's bedroom.

"Mata paka?" My dad asked me. (You're still awake?)

"Nag kuha rakog tubig." I showed him my water bottle that I was holding. "What are you doing out of bed?" (I just went to get water.)

"I just got hungry. Want to come with me to some drive through?" He grinned.

I nodded my head. "Let me just go put on a hoodie."

Shortly after, my dad and I found ourselves in the car driving to some fast food restaurant open late in the night. This was how I used to bond with my dad before, late in the night and stuffing food in our faces. Sometimes it's the whole family, but mostly it's just me and dad. Maybe it's because most of the time we're up late at night and we get hungry, so we often do this every once in a while. But we haven't done this for a long time, it's nice to experience it again.

We settled on a burger joint a few minutes drive away from home. There were a few cars in the drive through and in the parking lot. While waiting for the food, we were just vibing to the music on the radio. It wasn't long until we finally got our food.We usually just eat the food at home. We stayed up until around one in the morning talking about the most random things. And I felt disgusting after I ate that order of burger and fries but I did not regret eating it.

The following morning, I got up out of bed a little later than my usual morning school routine. But still woke up earlier than my alarm tho. Obviously, I lacked sleep and I was going to be cranky in school for the whole day.

I did everything that I usually do in the morning before school and got ready. I just dressed myself in a casual knee-length dress and white sneakers. I drove my brother and I to school. While we were in the car, he was accusing me for betrayal because dad and I went out and got food and he didn't get to have one.

I just silenced him with a middle finger, which he faked and gasped in response.

Today, I was dreading going to school because I have PE class later that day, and I heard we were going to be playing dodgeball.

Amen to me, bestie!

Last time our PE teacher let us play dodgeball, someone was hit square in the face and resulted in losing one of his front teeth. I will never get that image out of my head. But the good news was, he got his teeth fixed. I didn't know how they did it, but it's fixed.

Let's just hope no one gets their teeth knocked out again.

It has been exactly almost a month since that break up and cutting those people out of my life. Life has been alright for most of the time.

And that flower thing on the car, I already speculated whose doing it was that. I even caught him in the act one day. I confronted Grayson what he was doing, but he didn't listen. He would have a schedule of leaving a small bouquet of flowers in my car handles, even sometimes he'll place it on top of my locker. I always find flowers in those places every Monday and Friday. They were all beautiful flowers, but I didn't want to accept them, so I gave them away around the school or to people I encountered on the streets after school. One time, I drove past an old lady and gave her the flowers and she gave me a grateful smile.

At least it made someone smile.

Practically, everyone in school knows about what happened and they ask me what happened and I would just answer them briefly. There's really no point in hiding the fact that we had a fall out, but it doesn't mean I'm giving out every single information about the situation.