| 20 |

Grayson's Point of View

Staring at me right now, her eyes were filled with shock.

"Y-You love me?" She hesitantly asked, as her left hand was now cupping my right cheek. "What is wrong with you?"

I smiled at her. "I do love you very much." I replied to her with so much sincere lacing in my voice, putting my hand above her that was on my cheek as I felt the warmth of her hand radiating slightly. "And I'm gonna be sure to love you for a very long time until you get sick of me."

She raised her eyebrow. "I've been in love with you for two years and counting, and for you to think that I would get sick of you. Well, maybe sometimes I would like to avoid you before because I got sick of you always talking to other girls. And that really made me a little insecure. But like what can I do about it? I was just someone who's around you or the best friend of my best friend's boyfriend. You're just a really flirty person when you want to be. I don't know if you were being too friendly or what?"

I softly smiled at her and playfully rolled my eyes.

Make sense. I did feel that in some way she was avoiding me in school before. When we were just talking with her friends and mine, she talks to everyone and acknowledges them except for me and she wouldn't even spare a glare at me or even laugh at my jokes like she would always do. That right there was already suspicious and weird, but I didn't give in too much thought. I couldn't actually think what I did wrong to her.

I was too lost in my thoughts, that suddenly out of nowhere someone had slapped me right across the face.

Hard and painful.

"Fuck you, Grayson!"

Maureen can't punch anyone properly, no matter how hard she tries to punch anyone. But shit is real when she slaps the heck out of you.

A content look settled on her features. "Gosh, I always wanted to do that." She stated in a stern voice.

I held my cheek, feeling the sting from the impact. "What the fuck was that for?"

"You know what I mean." She narrowed her eyes on me.

My jaw dropped a little. "Okay, I'm sorry. Not my fault I talk to everyone smoother than the cream cheese on your bagel."

I promise to you I'm not a flirty person at all, I guess overall, I'm just a friendly person? I really don't know. But how can she mistake me for flirting with other girls when I'm just merely talking to them, and they were the one who engaged in the conversation first. It's rude to ignore them.

Her face scrunched up in a disgust look. "Eww. I don't eat bagel nor cream cheese. You know how gross cream cheese is?" She exclaimed. "And I'm still not sorry for your cheek." She sent me a semi glare.

I tilted my head, just staring at her, pouting my lips and giving her puppy eyes.

She rolled her eyes at me when she saw me pouting and just wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a hug and she kissed the top of my head.

I nestled my head into her neck, encircling my arms around her waist and we stayed in that position for a while. Soon enough we laid back down to her bed and cuddled.

"I should be the big spoon more often, babe, you look cuter when you're the small spoon." She laughed.

This girl literally changes her mood every five to ten seconds when she feels like it.

I retreated my head from her chest and gave her a look. "But I should be the big spoon." I pouted. "I'm only allowing you to be the big spoon this time or else you would kick me out."