Chapter 2 - Leveling up

"So that wasn't just a dream?"

"Jinwoo," You sit next to him on the bed and click the screen. It recognizes your finger.

"Here so you open the mailbox, open the mail, read the mail." You instruct. Jinwoo follows along, and he reads the message.

"I have... I'm tired I don't want to do this." Jinwoo falls asleep on the bed after checking all his mail, and you stare at the daily quest to prepare to become powerful.

This... was going to be fun.

And sure enough, when time was up, the ground shook and both of you ended up in the desert.

"OH COME ON ME TOO?" You groaned. You check your inventory for something to fight the monster with, and you check your stats.

"So... Jinwoo wanna see how powerful you can get?"

A monster rumbles from under the ground, and you drag him out of the sand. Tossing him lightly to the side, you kick the centipede right on the head, and it passes out. You then pull a random weapon from your inventory, and you casually slice the head off. Tossing the dagger in your hand twice, you check it's drops.

"That's an example, but you'll get much stronger than this." You grin. 

The next three hours... you let Jinwoo deal with it on his own. You're there of course, but you don't clear the obstacle unless Jinwoo is about to die.

"Y-Y/n you said you were my guide!"

"Your guide, not your knight."

"Argh!" Jinwoo finally escapes that awful desert, and passes out on the floor.

You can only sigh and then play the part.

"Nurse? Nurse? The patient passed out!" You fake a tear.

The next couple of days are spent next to Jinwoo. Leveling up, running, exercising, it was a nice excuse to get your levels up as well. You click on your stats.

[Y/n L/n : Level 59]

Nice. Ten more and you'll be at 69.

Speaking of which, I'm now old enough to get railed... Jinwoo honey... I'm coming-

You stare at the boy gasping for air. Ah... he's no long a boy huh?

"Jinwoo," You stare at him.

"Y-yeah?"

"I'm going back to school this week." You stare at him.

"H-HUH?!"

"I'm your guide but I also have a life." You stare at him. "My master's degree ends in around half a year. Level up as much as you can in the time. I'll visit you guys every weekend."

"You act like you're older than me," Jinwoo groans.

"Then have fun catching up to my height." You grin.

Jinwoo groans.

"The system will help you grow as well," You snicker. "How else do you think I grew to this height?"

"That's borderline cheating," Jinwoo glares at you. 

"Not when you have the system as well," You grin. "Work hard alright? We can get re-evaluated together."

Jinwoo stares at your leaving form. He would work hard, he needed to catch up, and one day you'll look at him with stars in your eyes.

He'll be the first, and he'll be the only one you stare at in awe.