Chapter 21 - White

"Am I dead?" You turn around. Still the same white box. "I didn't help the player kill all of the monarchs though."

"Morning bitch"

"GAh-" You jump slightly, caught off guard completely by the fragment.

The white turns into a stream, a mythical garden full of plants and animals. Everything is here. It's like the garden of eden.

It feels like a Ghibli film.

The trees bear fruit, and the animals run wild. The plants are lush, and the flowers are countless, every color is there. You stare at yourself through the pond and you spot fish swimming through it. It was an utopia.

Life. That's what this place felt like.

"From here on out, you're going to take over my fragment completely."

"Wait wait wait please can we go back-" You wave your arms in the air. "Am I dying? What's going on?"

"You won't die. You'll be immortal." the fragment laughs. "and, you'll unlock what your universe called shifting. The power to go to another world will be within your hands."

"I CAN GO HOME?"

"Your physical body is in a coma in your world, once the system is erased by the shadow monarch, you'll be free to go home permanently."

You stand there. You could go home. You could read FANFICTION AND WIRTE AND DRAW AND GO BATSHIT INSANE WITH ALL THE SMUT AGAIN-

But Jinwoo. What about Haein? All of your friends here?

AND DO I REALLLY WANNA GO BACK???

The fragment smiles at you. "From now on, life will be within your control. No one will be able to escape death, but you can draw them back to life."

"That's some serious main character privilege." You mumble. "Is that what the heart gave to you?"

"Yes."

"So once the system is erased, I'll disappear along with it?"

"That's what is supposed to happen."

I need to get railed before I fucking die-

"New quest, get railed by Jinwoo <3" You cackle. "Wait what's your title again?"

"The strongest fragment of brilliant light." It chuckles. "After swallowing the heart I became Life. Say goodbye to Ashborne for me"

"...I'll miss you. Even if you were a pain in the ass." You stare at the fragment before you.

"Well then," The fragment looks familiar somehow. "Take good care of my heart love."

The ground around you changes to a gold, and it envelops you.

You snap awake to a shaking Jinwoo. He has a holy water of life in his hand, the bottle is opened. His eyes are red and puffy.

"I'M ALIVE!" You gasp. "JINWOO I'M ALIVE! I'M ACTUALLY ALIVE!"

Jinwoo shakes, and you help him close the water.

"I... I thought I lost you..."

"BUT I'M STILL ALIVE!" You hold Jinwoo's face in your hands, and you feel tears on your hand.

Jinwoo's crying.

He was so scared that he was going to lose someone precious to him again.

"I... the second your line started slowing..." Jinwoo sniffs. "I..."