Chapter Forty-Four

"I'm worried

"I'm worried."

Claude and Felix turned toward me simultaneously. "Don't be," Felix said, laying his arm across Claude's shoulders. "We'll be fine. Right, Brother?"

Claude shook Felix's arm off him. "Don't call me that."

"Why? What's wrong, Brother?"

"Stop."

"Now I know how you felt when Adora and I went to my family's estate," I said, turning to Kaz, who looked as worried as I felt.

Kaz's eye twitched as Felix slapped Claude in-between the shoulder blades, making him stumble forward. "I'm worried someone will die."

"Felix won't kill Claude," I said confidently. I knew that much.

"Not Claude."

My gaze went back to Claude who looked absolutely murderous as he regained his balance.

"Would you prefer bro?" Felix asked seriously as Claude clenched his fists, twisting on his heel to give Felix a dirty look.

"I'd prefer you shutting up."

"That feature is not available right now. Or ever, actually," Felix corrected, whistling casually, as Claude grit his teeth.

"How have you dealt with him all these months?" Kaz asked me wearily.

"He's not so bad," I responded. To me, I added mentally. "Was he annoying last night?"

Kaz's expression of pure exhaustion told me enough. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Want me to take him tonight?"

"...No," Kaz said after a moment, frowning a little as he watched Felix. "I'll manage."

"Do you want to stay with me and leave Felix in your room alone?"

"That's okay, Cleo. Thank you for the offer, though."

"Alright," I said, "but if you change your mind, let me know. There's more than enough room for you."

Felix raised his eyebrows at us. "Shouldn't you be telling that to your boyfriend?" He glanced at Claude. "Did you hear that? She offered me or Kaz to stay with her and not even you—"

Claude elbowed Felix in the gut and I winced, knowing that's where Felix had been stabbed. "Be quiet."

Felix held his stomach, scrunching his face up in pain. "That was uncalled for."

"You guys should go before your patience toward each other is completely gone," Kaz suggested.

"We'll be back soon," Claude said, checking the time on his phone. "It shouldn't take more than a few hours."