Weekend

Today I decided to wear a cozy purple hoodie with matching shorts and a vest since I was staying in. It was Saturday and I planned to watch some movies that had been sitting in my list and probably sleep for the rest of the day. This week was hectic and I needed a break. I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

It was Hunter. He looked tired and unhappy, more than usual.

"Good morning," I said.

He ignored me. "Let's do it."

"Do what?"

"Have the baby." 

I looked up at him surprised. "Are you sure?"

"Stop asking questions and let's just get this over with."

"Wait right now?"

"Yes, right now!" he shouted.

"Hunter we can talk about this if you want. You don't have to rush things."

He ran his hand down this face. "If you don't want to do this just say that."

"I do."

"Well then let's do it."

I looked at him for a minute. His face looked like he didn't want this but his words were the complete opposite. I nodded my head. He came and then started kissing me. He quickly pulled off my hoodie as he deepened his kiss. He pulled back then took off his shirt. He looked into my eyes then started kissing me again.

I heard the door swing open. Hunter must have heard it too because he pulled back. We looked and saw it was Kennedy. She stood still with her eyes and mouth opened. "I'm-I'm sorry," she said then quickly ran out.

Hunter moved off of me then put back on his shirt. He closed his eyes and then pinched the bridge of his nose. He started to laugh dryly. "Could this day get any worse?" he questioned under his breath then walked out.

I put back on my jacket and followed him only to see a group of people standing downstairs. Hunter walked down the stairs but I hesitated to continue.

"Oh come on down honey. We don't bite." a woman from the group said. I took a deep breath and then continued. When I reached down they were all smiling and staring at us.

"Why are you guys here?" Hunter asked sounding unwelcoming.

"Oh come on Hunter. You don't have to be so grumpy, you can smash her anytime you want. Today is friend day." one of the men said.

"So Hunter, are you not going to introduce us to your wife?" the same woman asked.

"No. All of you already know who she is so what's the point?"

She rolled her eyes then extended a hand to me. "Hi, I'm Lynda and this," she pointed to the man next to her "is my husband Mason. I'm sorry we couldn't introduce ourselves at the reception but our babysitter had an emergency."

I shook both their hands. "Nice to meet you both," I remembered Kennedy telling me they had the most children. They also looked like they were the oldest ones in the group.

"I'm Sabrina." the next woman said. "This is my boyfriend Jack. We were going to introduce ourselves but we got carried away on the dance floor," she said as she and Jack giggled. They seemed to be the youngest of us all. I'm guessing they were the party animals of the group.

Then there was Zach and Kennedy. "Well, you already know us," Kennedy said with an awkward laugh.

I looked at how modest everyone was dressed then back to what I was wearing. I needed to change. So much for my day of relaxing. "Will you excuse me please?" I said as I left to go back to my room.

I shut the door behind me and let out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding in. My day had already gone south. It was chaotic. First, it was Hunter trying to get me pregnant a few minutes ago and now it's his friends stopping by?

I shook my head as I put on jeans with a grey top and beige jacket. I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

It was Kennedy. Oh, now she wants to knock.

"I'm sorry. I should've knocked earlier."

"Yeah, you should've."

She came and sat next to me on the bed.

"We were together yesterday. Why didn't you tell me you guys were coming so I could be more prepared?"

"The others said we were going to surprise you guys so I didn't want to be the one who messed it up. I'm so sorry Soph."

I turned to her and started laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"I didn't realize we were abbreviating each other's names, Ken."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "You're literally the worst you know that?"

"Maybe." I laughed.

She wrapped her arm around my neck. "Now come on now. The others are downstairs waiting."

I nodded and we walked downstairs. The others were all pretty much in the same spot as I left them. Hunter had changed into dress pants and a shirt.

"You guys ready?" Jack asked.

I turned to Hunter. "Where are we going?"

"I'm going out with the guys and you are going to stay here with the girls."

My eyes widened. "You can't leave me here," I whispered so that only Hunter could hear.

"Relax, you'll be fine. You know Kennedy so it won't be that bad."

I gave him an unapproved look.

"Aww, you guys are the cutest!" Sabrina said.

Hunter smiled. "I'm so glad I finally found the love of my life."

Everyone seemed to buy it because they all smiled and placed their hand on their chest. This was all an act. He could've at least told his friends that this was all a sham. 

The guys left and it was us, ladies, alone. We were all sitting in the living room in awkward silence. It was most likely because of me because I'm sure they don't act like this when they're all together.

"So Sophia, how did you and Hunter meet?" Lynda asked.

"Through business." which was true.

"So how-" before she could continue I was saved by Ms. Turner.

"Can I get you, ladies, anything?" she asked.

"No thank you." Sabrina and Lynda said simultaneously but Kennedy asked for water.

"So what are your careers?" I asked. Hopefully, I could bond with them.

"Well, I'm mostly a stay-at-home mom. If Mason's assistant to sick or anything, I would fill in for her." Lynda said.

"I teach yoga and write songs," Sabrina said.

Great. I guess bonding over careers isn't going to happen. The only thing we all had in common was that all of our husbands were businessmen. I sat back and listen to them gossip about people.