Chapter - 27

"Marriage?"

Finally, he shared deep dark secrets in front of her revealing his birth, his so-called parent's betrayal, their greediness, his troubled childhood, and finally their death.

He passed ridiculed chuckle.

"I hate this word Swara."

He turned to look at her face with question, "How am I supposed to believe when I had seen fights, betrayal, greediness, lust, blood in my tender age only?"

"When, I had seen my so-called parents fucking their sex partners all my childhood?"

"When, I had never seen any loyalty or respect towards their life partners?"

"When, I had seen worst betrayal?"

"When, I had seen blood bath to satisfy their lust and greed?"

"When, I lived as an orphan even when my parents were alive?"

Tear rolled over her cheeks. It was suffocating for her to hear his turmoil.

"My whole existence is out of greed and result of their lust." he dropped his shoulders.

Swara could not find any word to sooth his pain, but she raised her hand to hold his.

He took deep breath while closing his eyes. Memories of his childhood started haunting him as nightmare.

"You know what when I was kid, I never understood why I was restricted to call them as Mom and Dad. Why, I had to call them as Mr. and Mrs. Maheshwari?"

"Why, I never had any stories to share with my classmates about outings with parents, or any time spend with them or anything about them."

"Why, was I threatened to remain in my room?"

"Why they even hated to see my face?"

"I never understood back, then but that day, when I heard everything, I got all my answers, that I was unwanted for everyone. I was just a burden for them."

"Even after so many years, I still don't know my identity. I could never gather courage to face the harsh reality of my existence. Still, I know the truth somewhere... I hate myself, when I remember, I have their blood running in my veins." Tear streamed over Sanskar's cheeks.

He was at his vulnerable state.

Swara was looking at him without blink. Tears were continuously flowing from her eyes looking at her husband who was broken to the core.

"Grandpa and Granny loved me as their own, but I still don't know if I am ... I deserved it or not."

Swara tightened her grip over their intertwined hands. She herself did not realise when her hand moved to hold his when he was narrating dirty secrets.

She closed her eyes tightly to gulped tears. She touched his chin and turned his face towards her.

His dark brown eyes had turned red. She could see reflection of a small innocent kid whose heart and soul were pierced with hundreds of daggers.

She pushed herself towards him to pull him in her embrace.

He instantly wrapped his arms around her petit figure pulling her closer. He buried his head in her neck to vent out his miseries.

Swara was feeling his tears on her neck which were bringing fresh tears from her eyes. She kept on caressing his back and jet-black hairs to provide her support.

"I can't lose Granny, Swara. I am scared to lose her. I don't want to be alone again. She is the only one I have." He kept on mumbling.

Almost after 20 -25 minutes of emotional breakdown, they broke their hug.