Chapter 4

No one's POV:
It was just a normal day. Star and Marco did the usual. They went to school, Marco got weirded out by Janna, they came home, fought Ludo and his monsters, and then went to go eat Chinese food for the first time to celebrate their victory.

Marco's POV:
"Star, I was joking," I said as we got home. "Fortune cookies can't predict the future, it's just put there by people who work in a factory."

"Uh huh yeah. You're now going to say that's the same with snow globes. It's clearly the work of dark magic wizards."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm just gonna go make some nachos."

After a while because I don't wanna write the whole damn episode of Toffee's first showing-

"Star, they're gonna back me up at the restaurant!"

"Oh don't be silly."

That's when we noticed 2 people having a dance battle. (Idk what it's called ok 😭) "I think one of them is about to get served!" I pointed out.

That's when Ludo's monsters popped out a moment later.

Long story short, we fought, well I fought them because Stars fortune cookie said that "love is always the answer," and she did whatever the fortune cookie said so you know. Later on she realized that love is never the answer. She defeated them with her magic and we won once again. She got more fortune cookies though, she just said she doesn't believe in them anymore but still likes them.

A few months later. (Yes I know I'm going kinda fast BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR IT OK?)

Tickets for the Mackie Hand marathon were out! I was ready to purchase mine until it said it was sold out.

"Good things never happen to me," I told Star.

That's when a portal opened in front of me.

"What the?-"

"Hey guys," Tom greeted.

"Tom? What are you doing here?" Star asked.

"Well, I came here to hang out with Marco."

"Uh no," I responded quickly.

"Ok, guess I'll find someone else to go to the, Mackie Hand marathon."

"You have Mackie Hand marathon tickets?!" I excitedly-shockingly asked.

"Yeah, I'm a fan big time."

"Wait why do you want to go with me?"

He then just looked at me. "Do you wanna come or not?"

"Hm, ok I'll go. Wanna come with me Star?" I asked Star, turning around to face her.

"Nah Im good. Plus I'm kinda stuck with these lights and I'll just try to get loose free, by myself."

"Oh ok."

I went into Tom's portal thing which teleported us inside of his carriage or whatever it was.

"Do you like it? Can I get you anything?" He asked while rubbing his hands together.

"Uh, no thanks. Why are you being so nice to me?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Well, because I just wanted to be friends you know. I know it's hard to overlook the image you have of me already."

Tom's POV:
I don't know why but I started paying attention to the little details of Marco. Like the way he always puts his hands in his pockets of his hoodie. Or how he just looks around, eyeing everything. I just brushed that off though.