Stay With Me

Jennie

Darkness filled the living room of our house when I stepped in. Not a single light is on, which is odd. Lisa doesn't like dark rooms. Is Lisa here? She's supposed to be here. She told me she is here.

It was passed 8 in the evening when I arrived. I attended brand endorsement shoot for adidas and told Lisa not to pick me. And said she'll go straight home.

"Lisa?" I called as I search for the switch of the living room. There is no one inside. I checked my phone for any messages but there is none.

A silhouette caught my eye, standing on the railing of the balcony, watching the busy city down the building. Lisa stood there with the same clothes she wear this morning when we met the designer for her studio. I followed the direction where she stood. There are a couple of beers scattered on the table and floor of the balcony. Lisa don't drink on her own, she never tried drinking alone.

"Lisa, have you been dinking?" she didn't move a single on her spot and continued watching the surrounding. "Hey, baby." I called as I hug her from behind, but Lisa remained frozen on her spot. The treatment made me worry, and for some reason my heart starting beating fast and felt the cold breeze of the evening.

I stood beside her, taking a look of her face. She looks so sad, no. she looks devastated. "Lisa are you crying?" her swollen eyes proved me she cried. Lisa slowly faced me, eyes glued to the cement floor of the balcony. Her eyes move its way, looking intently into mine. Her face painted with dry tears. I felt the sudden urge to wipe those but Lisa stop me from doing it.

"What happened?"

"Is it true?" she asked, not removing her hold on my hand. The fast beating of my heart turned fast even more.

"True? What do you mean?"

"You signed a contract with the CAA?"

I froze. She wasn't supposed to know it. At least not now. And specifically from the others. She might get the wrong the idea.

"Who told you that?"

"Then I guess it is true." She said, turning her back on me, walking back inside the house. Seeing Lisa walk away alarmed me and I run to her pulling her back.

"Lisa where are you going? Listen to me first. I haven't sign the contract."

Lisa pick her jacket on the couch for a moment she stop there. "I remembered you dreamt of becoming a Hollywood artist. It's one of the most fascinating view to look at. You happily dreaming. I always love you dreaming. It's just so wonderful to see."

"Lisa, what are you saying, I didn't sign the contract. Please, listen to me..."

Her body turn around to face mine, a serene look displayed on her beautiful face, but her eyes tell more. It glisten with tears threatening to fall, her lips pressed tightly into thin line. She move closer to me, holding both of my hands with adoration and her eyes doe eyes traveled into my feline one. It screams love, and...

"Am I right? That is your dream."

"Y-yes, but I didn't sign it I swear Lisa. Believe me, I didn't." my voice trembling, the familiar stomach churning and flipping that I hate started to bother my nerves.

"If I told you to stay, will you stay?"

"I uh..." Lisa smiled.

"Are you willing to stay if I told you to? And leave your biggest dream?" silence. "Am I not an enough reason for you to stay?"

Suddenly I find it hard to find the words to say. All choked up down my throat unable to escape. I don't want to leave her, but at the same time turning back on my dreams seems like a big mistake. "Lisa.." I love you, please don't do this.