Epilogue

Jennie

Lisa and I sat on the bench near the shore allowing the cold breeze touch our skin. A comfortable silence lies in between us, well maybe for her. Not for me.

I glance to the Thai sitting one foot away from me. Her eyes are closed, and a smile on her lips as she inhale the calming breeze of trees and the ocean in front of us. She looks at peace as her hair naturally flow with the air making her vanilla honey scented flow around us.

I've been longing for this moment to come, to finally be able to see her. Feel her, hug her.

"It's rude to stare, you know that."

"Can I not?"

"Just don't."

"Why not?"

Lisa shifted on her sit, fully facing me now. "Because you make my heart flatter everytime you do that." A smile quickly curve on my lips.

"I'm glad I did." A smile broke on her lips too, her toothy smile I always love. "How are you Lisa?"

"I'm good, great actually." I studied her beautiful face, she looks really better than the last time I saw her. Her eyes gleam with happiness.

"I'm glad you are. I am surprise to see you here. What are you doing in this place?" She went back sitting straight, facing the ocean.

"Just roaming around, checking what I can get."

"Did you find anything?"

"Yeah." She face me again. "You. My camera caught you." I wanted time to stop, just this once I want us to stay like this. Just her and me. "How about you? What are you doing here?"

I never tear my gaze in her. I will look at her as long as I can. "I was on my way to shoot, and saw this place." Lisa nodded.

"How's LA?"

"I didn't sign up Lisa." Her head turn quickly on my direction, her doe eyes scream a lot of questions. "I never sign that, just like I told you."

"Why?"

"I believe its really not for me." She examines me for a while. Stopping herself from asking more questions. "But I did a few collab with them. And that's it."

Lisa and I remained silent again. But eyes never leaving each other. "Where were you Lisa? I've been searching for you."

"Why?"

"Because I miss you." My immediate response. And because I love you. I wanted to say.

"You shouldn't have done that." I throw a questioning look to her. "And now you found me, makes me want to run back to your arms. You don't know hard I tried to stop myself from coning back to you."

"Then come back to me.. Lisa come back to me. " Lisa grab my hand, caressing her thumb on the back of my palm.

"I wish it can be that easy, coming back to you. But I am broke, and I can't come back to you without the feeling of lost. And asking myself everytime 'where do I fit in'." Her gaze remained on our hands. I tighten my hold in hers. She place my palm on her cheek and lean into my touch. I wanted to hold her and not let go, keep her in my arms and we'd stay like that forever.