Chapter 14 (part 3):Crazy Family

"You're letting me know this first before anyone else? Wow, this is the first time someone has gone to ask for my help before my idiot of a brother."

Willow sat with legs crossed at a single seated couch. She draped over her left arm on the armrest of the velvet coloured couch.

"Lady Willow, can you save our friend?"

"Aunt, can you do me this favour?" Vivienne said in all seriousness.

"Don't worry cute Vincent and my favourite niece. Just tell me all you know and I'll do the rest."

Without any hesitation, Kevin spoke, "Our friend's name is Azazel Johnston but he goes by the name mark. He was supposed to arrive at the town of Ubarr this week, along with his attendant Mimi. The people who were supposed to pick him up had sent us a message that was asking about mark's whereabouts."

"A purple letter was sent to us as well. It contained a note about the kidnappers' reason as well as conditions."Vivienne explained shortly before handing Willow the said purple letter.

"Your friend got kidnapped along with his attendant?"

"His attendant..." Kevin looked at Vivienne

He couldn't just say that Mimi isn't human and was made by Vivienne.

"We don't know the current situation of his attendant."

Willow opened the letter, took a glance at its content and mockingly scoffed.

"They want 30,000,000 gold coins in exchange for your friend and it also says that they stole 7,000,000 gold coins. Quite a cheap ransom but money is money and they stole something from my niece. No matter what you three were planning with that money is none of my business but losing money is a serious issue."

Vivienne nodded in agreement, "Yes, money is a sacred item meant to be yours only. Having countless of it isn't an excuse to lose a few amounts but the problem is, that 7,000,000 was the money I got from selling my step-mother's jewellery as well as that scumbag's furniture."

"You stole their things?"Willow asked. Her tone was filled with amazement.

Kevin thought for a moment before answering, "We borrowed it but the thing is, we have no intention of paying them back. So I think is half borrowed and half stolen but overall it's not that illegal."

Vivienne nodded, "Besides, that scum earned money from illegal activities and we're just using it to do good deeds."

"You could say that we're recycling the dirty money for a better cause." The two spoke in sync.

"Hahaha-you two are smart kids!"

"As commander of the southern military navy, I have countless connections. Your friend will be found in a day or two. Besides, human trafficking has been suspected in the northeast of the continent, we can start from there."

"Thank you, lady Willow."Kevin thanked

"Cute Vincent can just call me sister Willow."

*Beeeeep—Beeeeep

Willow grabbed a black box-like item from her pocket. It was beeping none stop.

"That is?"Vivienne was slightly curious about the object. It looked like a walky-talky.

"A new magic device called a receiver. Receives and sends voice messages via mana crystals."Willow answered before pressing a button on the receiver

"Willowann, did you stole my antique pocket watch?"A chillingly deep voice sounded from the receiver.

"Oops, forgot to give it back and even  ask for permission."Willow casually said before leaving the room