Not-So-Merry Picnic

"I cannot believe I'm doing this." I grit out to Bella, who only laughs.

"Jessica Stanely! Going for five dollars." The principal says on the megaphone, and Mike raises hisnhand reluctantly.

"Five dollars! We have five dollars, can we go for ten?" No more hands are raised. "Going once, going twice, sold! To Mike Newton." Jessica grabs her picnic basket and rushes over to Mike, who half-heartedly hugs her.

"Y/N L/N! Going for five dollars!" I walk up onto the stage, searching the crowd and only seeing Rosalie and Jacob.

Rosalie raises her hand, shouting out "Ten dollars!"

The prinicpal makes an ooo sound. "Ten dollars! Can we do 15?" Jacob looks at Rosalie, and raises his hand.

"15 dollars!" Jacob says pointedly.

"50 dollars!" Rosalie counters, determined.

Jacob hesitates, and I know he doesn't have more than 50 on him. I fix him with a look that tells him not to bargain any further, and reluctantly, he obeys.

"50 dollars!" The principal is almost floating with excitement. "Going once! Going twice! Sold, to Rosalie Hale!" The Principal says, and like everyone else I walk over to "my date".

"Hey." I say, and she returns my smile weakly.

"We need to talk." She says, her voice completely removed. I nod, and she brings me to her car. I don't bother asking where everyone else is. The car ride is silent. She pulls up to my house, which is odd.

"Let's take a walk." She suggests, and we end up in the outskirts of the forest adjacent to my house.

I realize her eyes are black, small black circles forming under her eyes. She hasn't eaten in a while.

She doesn't keep eye contact with me for long, her face even still devoid of any emotion that I can trace. A spike of nerves hits in a wave, and I find myself dreading what is to come.

"We're leaving." She finally says, almost robotically, still without any emotion.

I swallow. "You're what?" I ask, with a tad bit of inference that she is crazy.

"We're leaving. We can't stay here any longer, Y/N. You're in danger, Bella's in danger. Not to mention Carlisle, who's supposed to be thirty-three and can barely pass for thirty." A lump rises in my throat. My eyes burn with betrayal.

"You have got to be kidding me. I hope you don't expect me to tell Bella." I tell her, my voice rising and breaking.

"Edward is going to tell her." Rosalie says, still not keeping eye contact with me.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I repeat, my hands going to my hair in a sort of frustration and want to rip every fiber of it out of my scalp.

"What happens when the Volturi comes back?" I ask Rosalie, and she has no answer. "What happens then? What happens when I'm dragged back to that damned place, and what happens when at the end of the day I'm just another human?" My voice rises, tears escaping my eyes while I desperately attempt to mask my devastation.

"What happens when I can't defend myself, Rosalie?" My voice drops again, drowning in it's own patheticness. She looks away from me entirely.

"The pack is going to ensure your safety." She says, still an iron grip on however she feels about this.

"But- but I thought- I thought-" I stumble over my own words, my body feeling paralyzed.

"At least stay for Bella's birthday." I say quietly, pleading.

"We need to go, Y/N." Rosalie says sternly. An idea appears in my mind.

"What if I could come with you?" I ask, my voice far away.

"No," she said finally. "It's not good for you." She says flatly, and another wave of rage hits me, bringing tears to my eyes.

I wipe my tears away quickly. I turn around, just so I don't have to face Rosalie anymore.

"Just promise me one thing, please." Rosalie says.

"What is it?" I ask, trying to act like I hate her so I don't have to reveal how much I really want her, and the rest of the Cullens, to stay.

"Please, be strong, like you always are." Her voice is still flat and bare. "Be strong for Bella."

"I will not be strong because you told me to," the words escape me in a spiteful rush. If I meant them, I'm not sure. "I will be strong because Bella needs me. I will be strong for my family, and not for you." This may be the first time I ever refer to Bella as family, but now I feel like it.

"Edward said you'd react this way." Rosalie says, a fondness in her voice. Like she was glad that I was cutting them out completely.

"Why did you have to say that?" I whip around, facing her, and for a moment I see bewilderment in her eyes. My tears return, but this time out of sheer anger.

"Why, when you can see how hurt I am, did you have to rub it in? Why?" The last word comes out as a sob.

"Goodbye, Y/N." She says finally, reaching over quickly to give me a tiny hug in which I do not return.

"Bye." I say. And in an instant, it is as if I wasn't speaking to anyone at all.

Anger still pulsating through me brings me further into the woods. I walk, and trudge, and kick and hit things until the sun has set for I don't know how long. Until it is so dark that I can barely see the twist of forest beyond me.

I hear quiet sobs. My mind is alert, immideatly screaming at me. Bella.

I rush to her, to where the sound is coming from, and her small figure comes into view. She is half asleep, still sobbing uncontrollably. Her arms are wrapped around her body, her chest rising at a rapid pace.

I pick her up bridal style, barely feeling pain I know is there.

"Edward?" She asks.

"No," I say quietly, feeling a stab of pain, and for a moment, wishing I was Edward. "It's me, Y/N." I tell her.

"You're bleeding." She tells me, and with shocking realization, I remember that I am. My arms, scratched with thorns and bushes, and sticky with blood, as are my knuckles from hitting trees. I barely remember any of it.

I get a glimpse of light, and realize it is my house. As I get closer, I hear the shouts of people.

"Y/N! BELLA!" A voice calls, and I emerge from the woods. Someone spots me, and calls for the others.

I rush over to the house, everything a blur, barely noticing the overflow of cars in Charlie's driveway.

I knock on the door with my elbow, the action smearing blood on his door. The door opens to reveal a terrified looking Charlie. He stops, looking at me with bewilderment.

"Your face!" He says, and when he says it, I realize that Bella was not talking about my arms and knuckles bleeding. I have a giant gash on my face.

𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙣 || twilight x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara