25|| You deserve better

I squirmed in the back seat of a red Dodge Challenger. Impressive car. The kind of vehicle I might as well picture with a proper composition and achieve an amazing picture. But instead of gushing about it, I sat there awkwardly, glancing out the window to the dark passing streets rethinking my choice when I agreed to come to the fights.

Because I agreed to come with Connor. He never mentioned this guy driving -the owner of the beautiful car. He was about our age, maybe a couple years older. His hair was shaved to almost none, barely a dark shadow and his ears and brows held some silver piercing. That and his deep scowl wasn't actually inviting me to feel wanted there.

Who was this? A friend? They'd come around to pick me up ten minutes ago and all the introducing I got was Connor saying he was Trevor. Trevor. As if that was self-explanatory itself. Who was Trevor? Where did they know from? But, of course, there weren't more explanations than his name. And now we sat there on our way with music blasting on the stereos, the kind of loud beating I'd also heard in Connor's room. It was a little too loud, but I didn't dare to complain about anything not wanted to risk them regretting it and leaving me out of this.

Instead, I tapped my fingers on the door handle at the mad rhythm of the beat. How could they enjoy this? It was giving me a headache.

My heart skirted as I met Connor's gaze in the rear mirror. Before I could begin to form a word he was snapping: "What?"

"What?"

He frowned, unimpressed at my parroting. "You're shivering."

"O-oh," I glanced down and of course, it was damn obvious I was indeed trembling. "Right," I brushed my arms, but the warmth only helped while I brushed. Not really helping. I tugged the fists of my jumper  "Y-you see, I wasn't planning on go full-night out. I would have been prepared if I'd known before hand."

Somehow he seemed to frown more on that. "We still can drop you home." he spat and I quickly shook my head.

"I didn't say that!" I rushed, afraid he might as well follow through with it. Connor rolled his eyes and I glanced to Trevor, who was pressing his lips together as he brought his gaze back on the road. Was he laughing at me? My chest twitched as I looked back at Connor who now boredly looked down at his duffle bag, scrolling through it. "I was just implying that a little more time noticed would have been nice. But I'm not complaining. I like to rustle up too. In fact, I master rustling up. There was this one time -ow." I was cut as a heavy cloth landed on my lap. I gave him a wary look, unfolding it to find out it was his black hoodie, the one I'd seen him wear all the time. "Is this your way to let me borrow your hoodie? " He nodded and I grinned, more moved than the situation demanded. "Well, thanks! But, you know, for future interactions, actual words work just as fine as throwing stuff." Connor rolled his eyes and I slid it on.

Even sitting, I could tell the cloth was huge. It wrinkled, pooling around my hips and the fists fell pass my fingertips. I'd never felt smaller than I did now. Also, I found myself drenched in his familiar scent, smoke and somehow citric. I melted, hugging myself.