🥋A Hard Day of Training🥋- A short story

Another short story based on a drawing

3rd Person POV:

The Ninja had once again made it to the end of a week without encountering a major threat. It was a huge relief for them, since when they had to deal with huge threats where one of them usually ends up in terrible shape.

On this particular Sunday morning however, the Ninja were all sitting in the living room, eating breakfast and watching TV. All was well until the phone started ringing. "I'll get it." Lloyd sighed, still half asleep. He walked to the phone, and picked it up. "Hello?"

Lloyd's expression quickly changed to one of annoyance. "Okay. We'll be right there." He hung up, and turned to his team. "There's been a break-in at Borg Tower." He announced, making the others huff. "Are you kidding me?!" Jay shouted. "We just earned our day off!" Cole whined.

Kai sighed, and stood up. "Whelp, the sooner we get this done the sooner we can relax." He announced, doing small stretches. "Let's go." He hurried out of the room, picking up his sword on his way to the courtyard.

The other's soon followed, all except Zane and Y/n. They'd had plans for today, and were set on getting it done. "Uh, Lloyd?" Y/n stopped him before he joined the others. "Yeah." "We were wondering if we could stay here." Zane told him, making Lloyd raise an eyebrow.

"We're just gonna catch up on some training." Y/n added, and Lloyd thought about it. "...Fine. Just make sure it's worth it." He told her before running out to the courtyard and out the Monastery.

Y/n walked towards the courtyard, and watched as Jay closed the gate, and left. Zane came up beside his girlfriend, and they shared a smile. "So, should we get started?" She suggested, and Zane nodded. "Yes, we shall."

The two walked off to their rooms, and changed into their work-out clothes. Y/n's consisted of a while tank top, black shorts and blue trainers. Zane's consisted of a white, neck-high tank top, leggings and blue trainers.

Y/n had been thinking of switching up today's training a little bit. She was growing tired of the average one-on-one training she and Zane always did, and was looking for a challenge. The first thought was an intense exercise, like running up and down the Monastery's many steps, or constant hand-to-hand combat.

But nothing seemed to seal the deal. So instead, Y/n opted to ask Zane. "Hey, Zane?" She spoke, finding Zane in the courtyard with a bottle of water. "Yes, Y/n?" "I was wondering if we could do something challenging today." She suggested. "Hmm. We could do that." He responded. "What do you have in mind?"

Y/n still wasn't sure. "I'm not too sure if I'm honest. I was going to ask you if you had any ideas." She told him, and he began to think. He had an idea, but it would require Y/n to push herself. "I do." He responded, lessening his smile. "But I will need you to push yourself." He told her, and Y/n scoffed.

"I do that all the time, Snowflake." She smiled, and Zane knew she was underestimating this. "Yes, but this time it will be different." "Excellent! I love a good challenge." Y/n exclaimed.

The pair started with basic warm ups to get ready. And once that was done, the real training would begin.

"I would like you to start with press-ups." Zane announced, and Y/n quickly started. But she soon noticed Zane wasn't joining in. "Zane? Why are you just standing there?" She asked while doing the exercise. "I would like to solely focus on you today." Zane told her, and she smiled. "You know you can focus on me any day, right?" She asked, and the Nindroid just rolled his eyes, trying to hide his smile.

Y/n continued to do press-ups until a very unexpected weight rested on her lower back. She stopped and held herself up as the weight rested. "Uh...Zane..." "Yes?" Y/n quickly realised that the extra weight resting on her back, was Zane. He had managed to balance himself on her, adding a whole new difficulty to the training. Yet he was only putting around half of his weight down.