Chapter 5- Jailbreak

Later that night, we drive along a highway in a BMW

Later that night, we drive along a highway in a BMW. Natasha and Yelena sit in the front while I sat in the back. Yelena looks down at her jacket.

"You know, this is the first piece of clothing I've ever bought for myself." Yelena says.

"That?" Natasha asks as she chews on a piece of gum.

"Yeah. You don't like it?" Yelena asks.

"Is that like a...is it army surplus, or..."

"Okay, it has a lot of pockets. But I use them all the time, and I made some of my own modifications." Yelena scoffs.

"Oh, yeah?" Natasha laughs.

"Whatever." Yelena mutters. "Shut up. The point is, I've never...I've never had control over my own life before, and now I do. I want to do things."

"I think it looks cool." I say, referring to Yelena's jacket. "Wish I had something like that."

"Right!" Yelena says, looking back at me. "At least someone here has good taste."

"I like your vest." Natasha smiles.

"I knew it. I knew you did. It's so cool, right?" Yelena says.

"It's good. Yes. I like it." Natasha says, nodding her head.

"And you can put so much stuff in there. You wouldn't even know." Yelena says. "I really don't know where the Red Room is, though. I'm sorry."

"I know. But I think I know somebody who does." Natasha says.

"Oh, yeah? Who?" Yelena asks.

"We're gonna need a jet." Natasha says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yelena, Natasha and I meet up with Rick Mason in the countryside where he had an old looking helicopter set up for us. "I said we needed a jet." Natasha says.

"Yeah, you know what you didn't give me? Time." Rick says. "Or money. I'm not made of jets."

"I thought you were supposed to be the best." Yelena says. "Like a real pro."

"Oh, I beg your pardon, tsarina. Was the free flat and lifetime supply of kissel not to your liking?" Rick says.

"Ha!" Yelena laughs sarcastically.

"Oh, don't let her wind you up." Natasha says.

"No, I take exception to impugning my professionalism." Rick says.

"Well, you did set me and Natasha up with a generator that crapped out after six hours." I say, smiling.

Rick scoffs and points at me. "You, too, huh? Little Miss Sparky Fingers." Rick wiggles his fingers, mocking the way I fire energy blasts out of my hands. "Tag team."

"Aw, he's sensitive. See why you keep him around." Yelena mocks.

"Where's the rest?" Natasha asks. Yelena walks up to the helicopter and blows on a glass window. Rick pulls out a brown bag and zips it open, revealing a stash of food.