Cups - When I'm gone

Cale stares at the wooden cup, he wonders why he's using this, then remembers the incident yesterday

~~~~~~~~~~

Cale was walking towards the kitchen to get a glass of water, it was still dark outside, the sun hasn't shown any sign of rising, as much as Cale wants to sleep right now he couldn't, he slept too much during the day.

Now he was walking barefoot on the cold floor towards the kitchen because of his damn throat itching.

He arrives at the kitchen, he grabs a glass in a cabinet, and as he walks towards the water dispenser, he bumps into the corner of the counter and dropped the glass, the shattering alerted most servants in the Henituse mansion, the broken glass injured Cale's feet while he clutched the hip that was shot by the counter.

Ron heard the glass shattering in the kitchen and went there immediately, only to see a sight of his young master having bloody feet and hands as he try to pick up the glass shards.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now they forbade him to ever get near a single breakable item, leading to him using a wooden cup.

He already finished the wretched contents of the cup, well kinda, since he was in the garden he threw away the damn nasty disgusting vile drink into the bushes.

The garden was beautiful, filled with many different kinds of flowers, you could see a couple of butterflies fluttering around the flowers, some even went to Cale and landed on his nose, he softly smiles.

The maids who were at the garden, slacking off, saw this sight and quietly squealed and thanked the gods for the blessing that they saw.

Cale stared at the wooden cup and remembered an old memory.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi Rok soo!"

"What?"

"Play the cup game with us-"

"No."

"I'll give you a raise."

"Give me the cup."

~~~~~~~~~~

Cale turned the cup upside down and recalled the steps to the cup game his friends thought him.

Clap. Clap. Ta-ble. Ta-ble. Clap. Up. Down.

Clap. Sweep. Top. Table. Bottom. Hand. Down.

The maids were amazed at the sight, their young master skillfully made a beat with a cup, Violan passed the garden and witnessed the sight as well, and all of them were shocked when he started singing.

The children were, of course, recording this, they called the Emperor who was in a middle of a meeting, Rosalyn, Eruaben, and more.

I got my ticket for the long way 'round

Two bottle o' whiskey for the way

Cale matched the beats with the song, the sight enchanted everyone watching.

And I sure would like some sweet company

And I'm leavin' tomorrow, what do you say?

Where is he going? Where is he gonna go? Is going to leave them? The people-watching thought.

When I'm gone

When I'm gone

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

You're gonna miss me by my hair

You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

Raon wanted to yell at his human to not leave them, but couldn't since he would blow his cover.

Alberu was prepared to give his dongsaeng everything just so he wouldn't leave.

The maids were dying and fangirling.

When I'm gone

When I'm gone

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

You're gonna miss me by my walk

You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

Even though Violan had already heard Cale sing, hearing it in person was more divine, even if the lyrics sounded that he was going to leave.

I got my ticket for the long way 'round

The one with the prettiest of views

It's got mountains, it's got rivers

It's got sights give you shivers

But it sure would be prettier with you

With who???

Who is he going to leave with???

When I'm gone

When I'm gone

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

You're gonna miss me by my walk

You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

When I'm gone

When I'm gone

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

You're gonna miss me by my hair

You're gonna miss me everywhere

Oh, you're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone

Cale finished his song and leaned back to his chair, he stared at the blue sky which reminded him of his friend.

Violan took a seat took a seat beside him and made him jump a little, he regained his composure and asked. "Mother, what brings you here?"

"Nothing much, just to take a breathe, however I didn't expect to hear you singing."

Cale was shocked, someone had heard him singing, the duchess heard him singing, he prayed that she won't make him sing at her tea party or something.

"Cale, my son, did you write that song?"

...

"...No mother, I just hear it often from a friend of mine." Even though his friend didn't write it, he heard it a lot from her.

The recording was still going on, so many people thought 'is it one of the people that he wishes to revive?'

an awkward silence filled the place.

'till Cale broke it.

"..Would you like to learn the cup song as well? Mother?"

"I want to learn it too human!"

"Me too nya!

"Me three!"

The children came out of their hiding spot and hugged Cale, Violan smiled at the lovely sight.

Cale called the maids that were done fangirling and ordered them to get more chairs and wooden cups.

He taught Violan and the children on how to do the cup song, little did he know the communicating device was still one.