Chapter 30

It was about time to leave school when I went to the washroom because I couldn't have held it in until I reached home.

I was washing my hands with lukewarm water. Since I was the only one there, I kept the tap on for a little longer. The water was so warm that I wanted to wash my hands a little more.

That damned girl. It was so hard to get the appointment but she wants to go shopping, for God's sake!

I stopped thinking when suddenly I got chills all over my body. The temperature went down even though the windows were closed.

I closed the tap and looked around.

It won't happen now, would it?

"Gwen." I heard from behind me and jumped in fear.

"What? What happened?" Elijah asked, looking at me with concern.

"Oh god." I breathed out with relief and calmed myself down.

"I wanted to ask if... everything's okay with you and Stace." He said.

"Here? Right here?" I asked because he was standing in the girls' washroom.

"Who would possibly come now? The school's almost empty." He chuckled.

"To answer your question," I said as I started walking and he followed because I low-key didn't want anyone to call him a pervert while kicking his balls, even though I wasn't fond of him from the beginning," Nothing's wrong with us. We just wanted to take my cousin to her psychiatrist uncle." I lied. I guess I was good at lying.

"So that's the case..." He said.

"It is."

"I thought it was because you were hearing things." He said. I stopped walking. Darn you, Stace.

I thought of an excuse and turned to face Elijah but to my utter surprise, he wasn't there.

"Elijah?" I called out and looked around.

How could he disappear in 5 seconds?

I went back inside the washroom and checked all of the stalls, thinking he was pranking me and hiding somewhere but I couldn't find him anywhere.

I didn't know about Elijah at all, nor was i interested in knowing. But I knew from his soon to be girlfriend, Stace, that he was a frat boy who enjoyed messing with others.

I packed my stuff in the classroom and headed outside with my bag after turning off the lights.