36| Permanent

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Permanent

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 36: Permanent (Michael's POV)

We spent a long time in bed just talking after what we just did. She's still naked but what matters to me is how good it feels to be holding her and having her so close to me. She feels close and not just physically. 

She turns to look at me. "Hmm?" 

"You'll stay with me but when are you moving?" I repeated. I tighten my hold on her. 

She seems more amused than anything. 

"I'm serious, Amelia." 

She blinks in realization and reminds me, "It's only temporary." 

"I don't give a fuck. I'll make it permanent." 

She smiled softly and then nodded, whispering, "Okay. But I should tell you, I already started packing." She rolls onto her side to look at me and starts to touch me. She runs her fingers through my hair, tracing the shape of my eyebrow, the bridge of my nose, the curve of my lips, the edge of my jaw. Her hand goes down, meeting my collar bone. Then to my chest, her nails lightly dragging across my skin, making me hold her closer. She touches me lower at my abs and her hand sneaks under the sheets, tracing the waistband of my briefs. 

I sit up and pull her on top of me. She stares at me, surprised. "Is this okay?" I asked. "If it's not, if you just don't want it, all you've got to do is say the word. Tell me, Amelia. Is this okay?" 

She nodded softly. "It's perfectly okay." 

I sat against the headboard and she leaned down to kiss me, holding onto my shoulders. As she kisses me, my hands explore her body all over again, running down her front, her chest, my fingers splaying across her stomach, then holding both sides of her waist, finally stopping at her hips. When I tighten my hold, she begins to move. Back and forth. Slowly. So slowly it almost kills me. Really. 

I hold her tighter and begin to guide her hips a little faster but I'm just too impatient. I need to be inside of her. I lift her up slightly and roll us over so I could take off the briefs. When I sat back down, she moved on top again and I went to shift but stopped. "Wait. I forgot a—" 

"I'm on the pill," she said quickly. "I'm on the pill to regulate my cycle," she laughs softly. 

"Then thank god." I lift her up again and shift my hips before easing her back down. 

She pauses, a stutter in her movements, a jolt in her breathing, every so often. I wait until she's comfortable and settled, I hand her the reigns while she's on top. She moves at her pace. Back and forth, in circles, up and down. And she does it painstakingly slowly. Intentionally. 

I hit my head against the headboard softly in frustration. "Amelia. If you don't stop teasing me, I just might die." 

She doesn't stop or speed up and I lose my mind when she fucking grins.