Chapter 8

Heywood Manor
Shrewsbury, England
Willoughby's Drawing Room

The day after the Duke's thirtieth birthday and the Shrewsbury towns fair Georgia, Katherine, and Lady Willoughby all sat in the drawing room enjoying some fresh tea and biscuits

The day after the Duke's thirtieth birthday and the Shrewsbury towns fair Georgia, Katherine, and Lady Willoughby all sat in the drawing room enjoying some fresh tea and biscuits. Well mostly Lady Willoughby, Katherine was transcribing a book that was written in Latin while Georgia and Lady Willoughby were listening, well sort of, perhaps Georgia was trying her very best to listen but her thoughts of the Duke overcame her.

After he and her daughter's most peculiar introduction it seemed like Luella spent the rest of the day seemingly attached to his leg dragging her mother along with them, although somewhat willfully on Georgia's end. It wasn't so very hard to resist after all. He had even held her daughter's hand at one point which for some reason shocked the hell out of Georgia and the feeling that resonated within her about it well, she could even hardly think on it. It was almost too painful. Instead, she thought about the conversation they had as they walked around the fair.

"Lady Pearson?" The Duke said looking up at Georgia from his lowered stance.

"Your grace... you'll have to excuse my daughter...she's not normally like this around anyone other than her family." Georgia nearly said apologizing for the fifth time to the Duke for Luella's sudden attachment. She thought maybe because Isaac wasn't here to play with her and now she was suddenly overthinking about explaining all of this to him.

"Your daughter is truly remarkable." He raised his brow as another charming smile stole his lips again after he finally managed to calm Luella down. Apparently, she told the Duke she saw a scary man so that's why she ran into his leg. The Duke had promised Luella there was no big scary man and if it was, he'd make sure he'd never hurt her. It was truly a precious heartfelt moment really. Georgia had to peel her eyes away for the moment might seep too far down into her brain seemingly like how every encounter with the Duke had went.

"I know, how kind of you to say? Luella what will you say to His Grace?"

"Thank you, your grace." Luella smiled softly flickering her eyelids.

"That's Francis to you Lue Lue, remember?" The Duke said taking her small hand and looking back up at Georgia. His pale blue eyes instantly pierced through her heart. "May I?" He asked. Georgia nodded while he placed a small peck on Luella's hand and that seemingly did it, officially bringing Luella out of the rest of her discomfort and now she was just as charmed as her mother. The Duke then stood up next to Georgia and gave her a look she couldn't quite explain.

"Mama look! Mrs. St Glain is over there by the pigs, may I pleaseeee?" Luella asked tugging her skirt gently with beady blue eyes.

"Oh, alright but I'm watching you." Georgia said smiling in defeat and using two fingers to mock her eyes to get the message clear.