Chapter 21

Pearson's Hall
London, England

The tea was warm and soothing to Georgia

The tea was warm and soothing to Georgia. Her stomach was an anxious ball of nerves and her mind was racing faster than the minutes passing by. She bit her lip and set the tea down on the skinny wooden table at her side.

"I come bearing grave news, sister." George finally spoke after a long silence. Georgia's mind had been so preoccupied after she had awoken to the smell of tea straight from kettle, she felt her stomach rumble and her eyes fluttered open relentlessly. God, when did she ever make a habit of swooning? She had thought to herself.

Georgia rubbed her temples because there was a throbbing pain starting there. "Please spare me, I beg the, George, it's been years since I saw you last. How have you been?"

"Dearest twin sister, please do not trouble yourself over me. For, I have been well and I swore an allegiance to the Royal Navy a few years ago, which allowed me time to travel the seas. I am gratefully blessed to be still married to the young maid, Eleanor. We have four children now, your nieces and nephews; Timothy, Beatrice, Theodora, and little Harold. I'm sure they all would very much like to meet you."

"So, it is decided then. Luella and I will travel to meet them as soon as it can be arranged. Oh, dear George. How wonderful it is that you are here now!" Georgia perked up almost crying out hysterically.

"Why, yes of course. Naturally." George laughed straightening the length of his coat sleeves.

"Speaking of meeting arrangements. You must know you too, have a niece as well." Georgia said smiling widely. "You two must meet."

"I would be happy to oblige after a few hours rest. My dear, sadly it's not quite dawn yet." George chuckled again spiking his tea with some whiskey.

"Oh, yes. Well, I'm well aware of that actually." Georgia chuckled to herself. "And, you did show yourself here at unseemly hours as if you'd gone mad, dear brother."

They both burst into fits. She saw he still had his humor after all this time.

"Oh, George, I really am happy to see you, brother. For years I had feared what became of you." Georgia said a little teary-eyed even though she wasn't really sure when she became quite emotional.

"Fear no longer, sister. We are reunited once more." George said with a soft smile that gradually faded into something...sad. "I have traveled all this way to tell you that our father has passed away."

Georgia instantly felt as if the floors where shifting beneath them and the world was spinning upside down at the same time.

"Soon as I got word that I would now come into my inheritance of our father's estate after his sudden passing I rode straight to London in search of you." George stated reaching over to cover his hand on top of Georgia's. "I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I know he was not an ideal father after how he treated us-..."