Chapter 9: New People In The House

Happy new year!

PS- I edited the character intros update but to my readers who have been with me from the beginning, I just wanna say...thanks. And also that I was an idiot and realized that the personalities I wrote for our characters don't really match up-

BUT before you leave because you liked their personalities or something, I'm just gonna say that their personalities will stay very similar! Oh, but the MC can be stupid sometimes and Hade can be illogical...and Asher can be really loud and Asmodeus can be a prick :'D poor Asmodeus so much hate-

And since I've stockpiled so many chapters I can't really change it rip

anyways onto the ch!!

___________________________________________________________

Hade asked, "Are you okay?"

I stare at him. "Put me down please," I said. I could feel my face heating up.

This is way too embarrassing

Asmodeus looked at me, the once scowling face was now replaced with a sly smile.

I gave him a death glare.

He smiled even wider.

"So," Asmodeus continued, watching the heroes coming down from the throne area, "Are you here to kill me?"

"No," the guy that acted like a protective dad replied.

The silent girl that had been standing frowned, and shouted, "Asher, you know that's not true!"

Then she widened her eyes and covered her mouth.

"I-I meant that you know that's not true! We are here to be your...servants."

Asmodeus smirked, "Servants, you say. Sure. Will you be ready to please me?"

His eyes hinted something, his grin widening.

The girls eyes widened as she hid behind this dude named Asher. Asher glared at Asmodeus as he retorted with a, "No. She will not be a servant. She will be going back."

The girl looked at Asher, shock clearly visible on her cute and chubby face. "But Asher," the girl spoke.

She was interrupted by Asher, "You are like a like a little sister to me. I can't bear to see you get used  by that...that king."

He continued, "Go back...."

I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation, but after their conversation, the girl seemed reluctant but nodded.

Asmodeus started getting impatient, "If you're done chit-chatting, send her to my--"

This time Hade, who had been quiet the whole time, interrupted, "She will be going back. Unless you wanna play with us as well, we will be your new servants. If there is some kind of trial, Asher and I will go through it happily."

He said all this with determination and confidence written on his face.

Asmodeus looked pissed at the fact that he was interrupted.

Before things started going south, I took over. "There is no trial. As the king's assistant, I will speak for him," I smiled at them while glaring daggers at Asmodeus, then continued, "You're hired. Human servants will be a good change to this place anyways."

Asmodeus ignored my glare and lazily declared, "Court proceedings have ended."

One of the guards escorted the girl out of the castle.

I lead the new servants to one of the guest rooms- the extravagant ones.

Asmodeus isn't actually a block-head, he knows.

"Until we get more rooms available for you, you will be staying here. Enjoy while you still can."

They made eye-contact for a few seconds.

Humans...always so predictable.

"Right," Hade said.

Asher nodded.

I left them to whatever they were doing.

They're plotting something. Hopefully my plan will stay the same.