Chapter 26: Hade

TRIGGER WARNING: gore

Credits for the gory scene to my friend under the alias Zeno senzo and genshin. UID 616566326 "I like explosions :)" —Klee main

jkjk he help me a bit but i did most of the work keke he gave me da brief ideas like brains and guts and i simplified them :3 have fun!
————-————————————————-

First, the elves come two months earlier than expected. During their stay their son does something, or at least I can assume he did something since he was acting suspicious.

Then the king is acting strange; more aggressive than depicted in the novel and more obedient to the queen almost as if...

"Haa, haa, haa," I raced at top speed towards my now-demolished room at the other side of Asmodeus' palace, hoping, hoping Hade was okay.

When I got there, a horrifying sight greeted me.

At first I was surprised, but in a matter of seconds, a soft chuckle escaped my mouth.

This scene was truly horrifying.

Hade, who had once looked so innocent and childish now seemed to be killing anyone in sight mercilessly with a slight smile.

His eyes seemed to be as dull and lifeless as a man who had nothing left to live for. Blood was splattered all over him, including his beautiful face. He looked up towards the sky, seemingly searching for something, when a decapitated head rolled to his feet.

Hade looked down to meet the lifeless head's blood-struck eyeballs and stabbed it where its forehead belonged. More blood spilled out of the hole in the head, and the brain was exposed.

Out the corner of my eye I saw a figure creep up behind him. However, before I could say anything, Hade struck his sword at the figure without turning back.

There was a high pitched scream heard for a short moment, then low whimpers and pleas for mercy.

All Hade did was turn around, the sword still in the figures body and thrusted his hand into the figures chest. He then pulled something out, slowly.

Red liquid covered it, and it was still beating, although only slightly. It was a heart. Hade had pulled the heart straight out of the figures chest. Hade threw the organ to the side and retracted his sword. He licked some blood off the sword, made a face, then spat it back out.

"Disgusting asshats like you don't deserve to be killed by my blade," Hade's previously unnervingly emotionless expression changed into a look of strong disgust.

I watched in amazement as Hade repeated similar actions multiple times, without the licking, each done in a different method, as if he was born to kill, to every new figure that attempted to attack him.

Not hero-like at all.

I grinned. I was mentally noting down the different ways Hade took the figures lives.

What had originally been a mini mission of mine to save Hade turned into an interesting show of slaughter.

It was truly satisfying as well as addicting. I had only gotten a chance to see a similar scene before once. Only once before. When I was around eight years old in this world and the demon king was brutally murdering anyone who came close to him.

The scene was beautiful; majestic. I admired it and loved that scene with all my heart. The same aura the demon king had been giving off before he was finally overtaken was being emitted by Hade.

During the time Hade and Asher had been staying here, in this kingdom, I had always felt something a little...off about Hade. It had forced my mind to put some distance between ourselves, but this was something that had the possibility of turning me on in the middle of a fight.

Now I knew what it was. 

I think this  was about the time my sister would have yelled out: "Your sadomasochist side is showing."

I grinned.

Let's join the actors on the stage, shall we?