➪𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗲

!TRIGGER WARNING!: MENTIONS OF ABUSE AND SUICIDE! CURSING!

***

On the quiet streets of Santa Cecilia, everything seems perfect. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and everyone is happy. Not a single disturbance in sight. Until--

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE STREET RAT"

Big, angry salesmen chase an eleven-year-old girl, who has just stolen a loaf of bread. The chase never seems to stop. The salesmen are adamant about getting justice, and the realization hits the girl with a bang. 

She takes a sharp turn to the left and swerves into a small little alleyway between two buildings. The multiple men chasing her don't notice the disappearance and keep running ahead.

The girl scoffs, a bit peeved at their immatureness. "Stupid fuckers. Who knew grown men could be that dense?"

She crawls out of the alleyway, looking around to make sure the salesmen are gone. The girl sighs in relief.  She stares at the bread for a moment, replaying the previous scene over and over again in her head. Smugly smiling now, she takes a bite of the bread. 

"Who knew victory could taste this good." The girl mutters to herself.

As she continues with her day, an odd pattering noise fills her ears. Someone, no--something is also panting very heavily. At that moment, it's almost as if the noise is getting closer and closer. Turning her head sharply, she only gets a few moments to look before something large and grey rams into her side. 

What the hell?!

The girl's ears ring as the creature tackles her, causing her head to slam into the ground. She ignores the pain coursing through her body and tussles with the creature for a good ten seconds. 

It doesn't take long for her to realize why she is being attacked. The grey creature is trying to take her food.

Oh, no you don't!

They separate, but they both are still holding on each end of the bread. She then gets a good look at what is attacking her.

"A dog?!" She exclaims, bewildered. It's a hairless, scraggly dog. She immediately knows it is that same Xoloitzcuintli stray she sees on the streets all the time. 

She hears a shout coming from behind her, coming from a fairly young voice. "Dante! Stop! Leave her alone!" The dog--Dante--immediately lets go. The girl falls harshly on her back.

Great. Just what I needed after being chased by grown men.

She attempts to get up, wincing in pain.

"Need help?"

She looks up to see a boy about her age looking down at her, smiling with his hand out.
He had jet-black hair, a white tank top, blue jeans, and a brown satchel on his shoulder. His amber eyes pierce into her, holding an amused look in them.

He only has one dimple.

His soft and sweet smile catches her off guard and she falls to the ground again.

Nice going.

"Are you alright? Sorry, I startled you!" His voice was full of concern, and he helped her up again.

"No no no, you're alright, I'm just a bit--shaken up."

Sheepish, he scratches the back of his neck."Sorry about Dante, also. He can be a bit. . .much. When it comes to food."