➪𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

WARNING! Mentions/attempt of suicide

***

The Sunrise Spectacular.

I don't know how, but I was able to convince Frida Khalo to help us.

We are all dressed as her, just like the dancers. We are hiding in the large papaya that we had seen earlier that night.

"Honestly, (Y/N), how do you come up with these things?" Miguel chortles. I roll my eyes and shush him.

The lights slowly start to dim in the auditorium, signaling the start of the show. Spooky music starts suddenly playing, and fake fire pops up.

Ah, so she did go through with the fire.

The dancers emerge from the papaya and start to do their thing. We, on the other hand, sneak through the shadows, going backstage.

We all pass by Frida. "Good luck, muchacho." She says to me.

"Gracias Frida!"

In a hurry we all take off the disguises, revealing our normal clothes underneath. Taking off the unibrow is the worst part.

I turn too Miguel with a smirk. I reach out, and before he could react, rip off the unibrow. He yelps in pain as I laugh my ass off. He shoves me grumpily, but I could tell he is holding back a smirk.

My laughter dies down and I shove him back, then we stick our tongues out to each other. We proceed to take off the rest of the costume.

Imelda is on the side struggling to take off the skirt. Héctor reaches out to her. "Here let me help you with-"

"Don't touch me!" She rips it off then stalks away.

Héctor looks downcast at that response. I give him a look of pity.

Everyone now ready, we huddle up.

"Everyone clear on the plan?" I look to each of the Riveras.

"Find Héctor's photo."

"Give it too Miguel."

"Send Miguel and (Y/N) home."

"Got your petals?" Héctor reminds. With no response, they all pull them out. We start to make our way through a hall.

Imelda speaks as we run. "Now, we just have to find De la Cruz."

"Yes?"

Imelda yelps as we hear a voice. A voice I don't want to hear at this moment. We all hide behind a wall as the woman is face to face with him. I can feel my heart beating drastically and my breath quicken. All the events from the sinkhole comes back to my mind.

The feeling of death came back.

Miguel looks at me in worry, as he senses my sudden panic. I quickly recompose myself and give him an "I'm okay" look.

He does't look convinced, but turns his head away. And intertwines his fingers with mine.

Butterflies.

"Don't I. .. know you?" Ernesto cocks his eyebrow at her.

With no response, Imelda grabs her shoe and hits him on the face. "Thats for murdering the love of my life!"

"Who-?"

"She's taking about me!" Héctor appears. "I'm the love of your life?"

"I don't know, I'm still angry at you!"