Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

"It's my first day do I really have to wear this?" I complained.

  "Yes you have to unless you want to get scolded," Riallyn said in a bored tone. There was one thing I learned about Riallyn and that was she rarely showed any emotion, most of the time she was expressionless which was creepy sometimes.

"Why don't you like it Clary? I was so excited to wear our uniform, it's so beautiful," Nessa babbled on. Well I wouldn't say anything about that because it was the truth. Our uniform was a beautiful dress that goes with a vest and a belt. The sleeves and collar were in a nice shade of red while the rest were in different shades of cream color and there was a big K n' Q on the breast pocket in golden color. The vest and belt were both black and had intrinsic design on it. It seemed as if it was handmade while the dress made of pure cotton.

"Fine, let's just go." I ushered ourselves outside before Nessa say any more. I swear the girl talked nonstop. She was the bubbliest person I've ever met, constantly cheerful. This morning I woke up at 4 am because she got so excited and decided we needed to get ready. Both Riallyn and I had no heart to disagree since she looked so happy.

 "Wait guys, Clary you should take off that black leggings," Nessa reminded me. I groaned and pushed her outside with me. The dress was too short for me. I'm tall and had long legs so the dress stopped almost mid-thigh for me while theirs were up to their knees even though they were just two to three inches shorter than me. I think the person in charge of my things didn't know my size, even the new clothes they put in my closet were a bit small and tight.

  "Just leave it Nessa, we're going to be late," Riallyn grumbled and I agreed.

"But she's also wearing boots not heels."

Both Riallyn and I rolled our eyes, took both her arms and started dragging her to the dining hall. I hate heels and I'm also a disaster in them. I was so glad when I saw the cool brown boots in my big closet, I almost jumped for joy.

 We finally entered the big dining hall which was dazzlingly beautiful. The ceiling was really high and had big chandeliers on it. There were round tables with sparkling white table cloths on them, a vase of beautiful flowers, and a lot of silver wares. Each table had trays of food on it. I was stars trucked. Just how much did they spend on this?

 Curious glances were on me, whispering, staring, and winking, some scrutinizing, some in awe but the only thought I had in my head was why there were boys in here. Then it occurred to me that this was a co-ed school. I groaned inwardly, I thought it was only for girls. Speaking of which, all the girls wore the dresses, most of them were too short even shorter than mine but didn't even bother wearing something underneath. Jee, I could almost see their underwear.

 Basically I was the only one wearing something underneath and also the only one wearing boots, no wonder they were all looking at me. Just great. And I was just thinking last night that I wouldn't attract attention and just fade in the background so I could have a peaceful stay here. Fantastic job, I know. One particular girl was glaring at me so much that I held her gaze for a moment and rolled my eyes. She gasped and from then I knew, I knew she wasn't used to it. She's the bully in this school, she's the one manipulating the girls, and I just rolled my eyes at her. It wasn't the best thing to do but I wouldn't let her get the best of me. Goodbye peaceful life, not that I ever had one.

 "So guys tell me the most important people here," I said as we sat down in an empty table and started eating. There were so many varieties of food, I had a hard time choosing. There were so many eating utensils too that finding a normal spoon was like looking for a needle in a haystack.