Chapter 34

I was just looking at my profile and I noticed something really awesome! My book's ranked #247! I'm really glad even though that's still somewhat far.
I'm on freaking fire. XD Guys please vote and comment more. To those who are silently reading this, I'll really appreciate it if you vote or comment. Thanks! ⭐♥♥✴♥♥

*****
Chapter 34

Nessa's face was glowing more than usual and it took me awhile to know the reason why.

"It's about Lucas, there's a rumor that he broke off his engagement with Anastasia," Ria whispered in my ear.

"Yeah, that's true."

"You heard that Nessa. The rumor is actually real and a fact for the first time," Ria told her.

"It's okay, whatever." Nessa tried to hide her smile.

"Well look what we have here," I said as I pulled a card that was stuck between our door.

"An invitation to Lucas' party," Ria said as her smile widened even more.

'Dear friends,

You are invited to come at my party at the main hall, 35th room, at 9 o'clock this evening. Please wear comfortable clothes as this is not a formal party. I look forward for your presence.'

                                                          -Prince Lucas

"Whoah, it's 8 pm. We better get ready then." I smiled wickedly at Ria, both of us were probably thinking the same thing.

"I'm not going," Nessa muttered while looking down.

"What?! You have to go Nessa. I think this party is mostly for you."

Her eyes widened at me, a faint blush were vivid on her cheeks. "H-how could you say that?"

"We're going to give you a make-over honey." I changed the subject, already taking a hold of her arm, Ria with the other arm.

"Damn right."

Nessa looked at us nervously. "Guys?"

Ria and I chuckled evilly, let's see where this event will go.

*****
"Clarissa I'm glad you came. You look beautiful as usual. Where's--"

"She's at the garden, by the roses. Would you go and welcome her? She's acting really shy."

"Alright," Lucas said immediately, already on his way. He was wearing jeans and a white v-neck shirt. It was casual but he looked handsome and refreshing. I could see girls swooning dreamily at him. Too bad he's already taken.

"Nice party by the way," I complemented just before he gets out of earshot.

"Thanks." He flashed me a charming smile and I could have melted if a picture of Gavier's smirking face didn't flash in my mind.

The party was held at a big balcony with an indoor pool. No wonder he said to wear casual clothes. There were not much people but I could tell it's going to be filled up soon. I grabbed a soda drink and moaned at the feel of it going down my dry throat.

"Is he going there?" Ria rushed beside me.

"Yup, all according to plan."

"We should go then. We don't want miss the drama."

"Yes we shall," I finished the soda in one gulp and put it back on the wooden table.

"I hope you didn't get her too far."