Hide Her

Sadie sat on the bed in Kelly's quarters talking with him.

"So what's the plan?"
She asked

"Well I talked to Matt, he sent me the information for the lawyer that he and his ex-wife used when they were looking to adopt a kid. So hopefully she'll be of some use in this situation."

"What about the hearing?"

"Don't know yet"

Kelly looked out to the bunk room when he saw Stella and Herman running. They got to his door

"Kelly,Carver is here, she wants to talk to you."
Stella panted

"Hide her."
He directed the pair as he stood and quickly made his way across the room and downstairs where Carver was waiting in the common room, a bit of a panicked look on everyone's faces as they tried to act normal.

"Ah Mr. Severide."
She greeted him with a smile

"How can I help you?"

"Is there a place we can speak privately?"

About this time Stella walked into the room and gave him a slight nod.

"Uh yeah, my quarters. This way."

He led her through the bunk room, glancing around not seeing Sadie anywhere, but seeing Herman sitting on her bunk scrolling through his phone.
He shut the door as they both went into the room.

"What's this about?"

"I have some news on the hearing, it's going to be next month on the 12th."

"Next month?!"
Kelly almost shouted
"Why so long?"

"We are very backlogged at the moment, and we are trying our hardest to pay attention to every case."

"Sure you are."
He mumbled under his breath.
"Can we atleast set up a visitation or something? I don't even know where she is, who she's with. If she's ok...I'm in the dark here."

"Mr. Severide I promise you she's in very capable hands. I picked out the foster parent myself."

He held himself back from making a comment, knowing that wasn't the truth.

"Fine. Are we done here?"

"Yes, I'll see myself out."

Kelly watched as she left the room, then looking out his window watching her car leave a few moments later.

He stepped out of his room as Herman stood up.

"She gone?"

"Yeah...what did you do with Sadie?"

Herman walked over to his own quarters and knocked on the glass. Sadie popped up on the other side of it right next to where Kelly was standing, he flinched and looked over.

"So?"
She asked, coming out of the room
"What did she say?"

"Hearing is next month."

"A whole month?"

"Yeah, but we'll be ok. Knowing where you are and seeing that Maggie is on our side makes me feel better about the situation though."

Sadie nodded in agreement as they made their way back into the common room.

"Sades, are you sticking around for dinner?"
Gallo asked

She looked to Sylvie, not knowing what time Maggie told her to have her back by.

"Yeah, she's got a few more hours."
She grinned

It almost felt normal again as Sadie was in the kitchen helping cook dinner.
Kelly and Stella looked on, seeing the smile on her face.
She laid her head on his shoulder as he spoke.

"We got a date for the hearing."
He took a deep breath
"I'm nervous Stella."

"You got this, Kelly Severide."