I'm Not a Child. I'm a Preteen

TW: Mentions of prostitution. All types of prostitution and human trafficking. 

The day of her departure was full of tears from Zenitsu, a huffed apology from Kaigaku, and a gifted haori from Jigoro. It was similar to his kimono, with small triangles decorating the cloth and making a distinct pattern. The color of the fabric faded from light grey to almost black. The triangles did the opposite, so it was black on light grey, and white on black.

Her katana was strapped to her belt, and the shorts she had made Jigoro huffy. Her uniform consisted of the standard demon slayer top, and per her request, shorts. Yuuma explained that a skirt wouldn't be very smart with her Breathing style, and Hakama pants felt constricting.

"Did they have to make them so short?" Jigoro huffed, which Yuuma smiled at. Ransou̅n perched on her shoulder as Yuuma waved 'bye.' Promising to write to them whenever she could and send souvenirs.

"Yuuma! Head northeast! Little boys are going missing! Northeast!"

"Got it."

"That's south! Northeast!"

"Crap."

The run took two days. The only reason she did run was that Ransou̅n harped at her too. Kids were going missing, and Yuuma wondered why demons always went for kids.

Total Concentration Constant while running left her gasping, and chest aching which wasn't a great start to her first mission. Yet, the need to get the stupid technique down quick enough powered her forward.

When she arrived in the town, it was around midday and everyone was bustling around. People wore smiles on their faces, the market was busy, and overall everyone looked like the day was fine. Yuuma hummed, her face impassive as she walked around the market. Acting like a patron.

She eyed certain dishes at stalls, noting how parents held tightly to their children.

"Ya shouldn't be roaming around here, kid." Yuuma turned her head towards a man selling ramen. His eyes aged and sunspots all over his skin, he would have looked kind if it weren't for the scowl.

"I'm, um, capable." The man gave her a once over, eyeing her sword and shaking his head, "What's a kid doing playing Demon Slayer?" Her eyebrow twitched, but she kept her mouth shut. There was no use getting into an argument over this. A bell went off in her mind. He knows something. Or at least might ask. 

Ask and get the mission done with. 

"Can you tell me about the disappearances?"

"Do you not have any tact?"

"My Shishou said the same thing." They stared at one another in silence. The man's eyebrows pinched while Yuuma looked relaxed as ever. With a sigh, the man motioned to a stool, "Buy something and I'll tell you what I know." Yuuma smiled, "Beef ramen please." She sat on the stool, not minding that her feet didn't touch the floor or that she was already spending some money.

With wide eyes, she watched the man cook the noodles and pour the broth into the bowl. Cooked slices of beef were placed on the side, along with naruto, green onions, and ennoki. Yuuma's mouth watered at the smell and bounced her leg when she thought he was taking too long to walk over to her. He gave her a pair of chopsticks and set the large bowl down.

"Kids should eat a lot of food. Especially you Demon Slayers."

"Thank you. Itadakimasu!" Snapping the chopsticks away from one another, Yuuma dug into the meal.

"As for the kids, you might know that they are young boys." Yuuma nodded, slurping more noodles and shoving a piece of flank steak in her cheeks. The man huffed, "So far, they have all been on the east side of the town."