Sin: part 3 (a)

Ha! Sunday Morning!

But not for me. As a frontline worker, I need to go on my job. With a pissed mind, I sat up from my bed. But then, I remembered our chief Mr. Choi Seungcheol is gone on a Manila vacation and won't be back before this week, which means I can take a day off. I smile with victory and lay on my cozy bed. I opened my eyes again, thinking...

I can spend more time with Joshua. And also, I can use this day to say sorry to him. I quickly got up, maybe I can skip jogging today, then washed up, will have breakfast with Joshua later, chose my favorite floral printed light blue shirt to wear on a weekend day, and headed toward my car, spinning the key around my finger. Then a thought comes across my mind out of the blue,

Why am I so excited to meet Joshua? He's not my boyfriend.

But I do want to see him though. I let my first thought pass, happily started my car, and moved in his house's direction.

Let me brief you on the murder case. Her name was Kim Hye-Mi. A real nice and kind lady, living without family here, was a doctor and used to do a lot of charity work for poor children, treating them for no money. Her familiars told us that she never had serious clashes with anyone that someone would kill her brutally. Overall, she was an altruist that everyone loved. So, it leads us to- the killer is a psychopath and we have no clue who that might be.

Here, I reached my destination. Forgot to tell you, I bought his favorite muffins on the way. I checked my breath, put on a smile, and...

Ding Dong!

No response.

Knock Knock!

When the door didn't open for the next few minutes, I started to get a little worried about him. "Joshua, you there?" I yelled.

It opened suddenly, but my eyes didn't meet the person I was hoping for. "Who are you?" we both said at the same time. It was a guy with light brown hair.

"Answer me first. Who are you and where's Joshua?" I said sternly drawing my brows together.

He looked at me from top to bottom. "No, you tell me first who you are and how you know Joshua," he countered

How dare he! I took out my ID, "Inspector Yoon Jeonghan and I'm his ex-boyfriend. Now hurry and tell me your name before I drag you to the police station with me,"

"Oh, I'm sorry, uh, I- I'm Vernon, his f-friend," his voice went feeble.

"What are you doing here?" the frown never leaving my forehead.

"I, um, Joshua called me to crash at his place last night,"

My frown got intense, "Why?"

"He told me he was... afraid,"

"Of what?" I thought I'll get my answer from him. Maybe Joshua told him about the incident.

"I don't know. He didn't tell me much,"

I inhaled, "Okay... uh, where's he?"

"He's sleeping in his bedroom,"

My insecurities got the best of me. I couldn't bear the thought of him being with some other guy except me. "Don't tell me you slept with him on his bed!"