Sin: part 3 (c)

He needs me in the department.

It's nothing big, I just need to sign some documents to send them to court. Today was the deadline but procrastination got me bad.

"Uh, Joshua?" I said "I have urgent work in the department, it'll take just five minutes. Would you mind if I do that first and drop you off later?"

He put a thumb up. "Cool,"

We reached there shortly, I parked the car, "Come with me, you can rest inside,"

 In my two years of relationship with him, I never brought him to my department. He was hesitant to come in. "Don't worry, no one's gonna arrest you here," I laughed, he hit my arm. 

As soon as we stepped inside the room, everyone stopped working for a moment to see the unexpected guest with me. "You've already seen Mingyu, Seokmin, Wonwoo, right? At your house,"

"Oh, hello, Joshua," They smiled and waved at him. He bowed his head.

"That's Jun on the computer, and— he's Seungkwan," 

Seungkwan jovially came toward him and pinched his squishy cheeks like a grandma, "Aw, you're so cute. I've heard a lot about you from Jeonghan," Joshua blinked in confusion. 

"Seungkwan, Seungkwan," I stopped him, "He's not, uh, feeling well,"

"Oh, sorry," he left his cheeks.

"Give me the documents quickly, then I have to drop him home. And, can you provide him some warm water, please? He has a cold,"

"Yeah, sure,"

"By the way, why are you wearing a cheap Hawaiian shirt?" Seokmin snickered.

"Yeah, totally," Mingyu agreed. "I was about to make a comment,"

"What the hell? — It's the finest premium cotton fabric from Italy!" I cried out loud.

Joshua laughed with them. He never skips a chance to tease me, even joins with others.

"You can sit at my desk," I said to him. A ward boy brought lukewarm water for him. He bowed to him too—his thank-you gesture for strangers.

Signing the documents doesn't take time but reading them thoroughly. Even a small mistake can cost a lot. Wonwoo was helping me check the docs. He's the only member I could rely on for this. "Wonwoo, where's the case file of Kim Hye Mi?" 

"It's on the second shelf I think. I'll bring it," He said.

"Thanks,"

"The polaroid of her arm isn't here," He said worriedly, rummaging through the file. 

"Look around. May have fallen from the file mistakenly," I searched too. And we saw it in Joshua's hands. He was staring at it and then frowned as if he found the meaning. Or did he? 

Wonwoo stepped toward him, "Can I take it?"

Joshua pointed at it, trying to tell him something. Seeing Wonwoo's confused state of unable to understand him, he handed the picture to him and engaged back in his phone.