Chapter 2

Spera woke up in a dark room laced with cobwebs, with her arms and legs tied to the chair. She quickly looked around the dark room, trying to make out shapes in the shadows but it was no use, the room was pitch black. “Hello? Yanta?” “Yanta! Hello darling! I am Cofsno and I believe that you have something that belongs to me!” The voice that came out of the darkness was smooth and deep, like that of a man of power. Cofsno was the name of the king but there was no way that the king was talking to her. “Something of yours? I don’t have anything! Your goons took my bags and I’m sure you frisked me.” “Ah of course dear.” Spera made out the figure in the darkness but the made no movement towards or away from Spera. “But we do have it but we can’t take it.” His voice became menacing as he started pacing around the room. His footsteps had a click to them, as if he was tap shoes. “That doesn’t make any sense. If you have it why can’t you take it?” Spera was trying to stall, to find out more information. “Well you see dear, there’s a spell put over it that only you can give me permission to take it. So can I have it?” “Depends on what it is. Can you turn on the light, I’m getting a little bored of speaking into the darkness.” A short bark of a laugh made its way through the darkness. “Are you afraid of the dark?” The air around Spera seemed to thicken, making it hard for her to breathe. “W-what is this? What are you doing?” “All I want is what truly belongs to me. Just let me have it!” “Stop this!” Spera was gasping for breath and she could no longer see Cofsno’s figure. “The darkness is surrounding you. Give it to me Spera Sagna Feir. Give it to me!” Spera tried to answer but the darkness was suffocating her. What is he doing? How is he doing this? “Volla! Light!” The dark disappeared and the room was soon illuminated in a nearly blinding light. “GIVE HER TO ME SPERA! GIVE HER UP!” “YOU WANT SAYA! YOU DIRTY THIEF, YOU’LL NEVER GET HER! NEVER!” Spera screamed as her eyes finally adjusted to the light. There was no one in the room, she was alone. But she had heard pacing but there was not a single person in the room. The room was a gray steel room with a desk about four feet to her left. She lurched forward and caught her weight on her feet before waddling over to the table. The chair was the only wooden in the room. Swinging the chair against the table, Spera was able to break free of her bonds with the cost of a few splinters in her hands. There was no door but there was a window in the top corner of the wall, just tall enough for a regular person to crawl out of. Spera quickly pushed the table against the wall and struggled out the window. Spera walked a few feet down the hallway she had landed in before walking into the first door. “Um Yanta! I’m just making my rounds, making sure everything is safe and um secure. You should really keep your prisoners in a room without a window…” The first man lunged toward her and she dodged, kicking him in the face as she flipped over him, grabbing his gun and she landed on her feet again. “Back off! Take another step and I blow his brains out!” She held the gun to the man now laying on the ground. Every man in the room froze and it was then that Spera realized that she was in some kind of locker room and half the men had nothing more than a towel on. Quickly inching along the wall, the gun pointed at the unconscious man lying on the floor, Spera made it to the door before getting an idea. The man closest to her only had a towel around his waist. In one swift movement, Spera pulled it off and threw it into his face before running out the door. She made it halfway down the hall before their thunderous steps could be heard. “Catch me if you can suckers!” She quickly rounded the corner as she shot behind her, hearing someone cry out as her shot made its mark. More shots were heard as she continued running down the maze of hallways. She peeked into some doors in search of Saya but had to continue running before the guards caught up to her. She was so distracted by the guards behind her, she didn’t notice the two hundred pound man in front of her until she ran into him. “Well hello there. I have a feeling you’re not suppose to be here.”

Azrael looked around the forest to see if Gragul had followed him, knowing now that his friend hadn’t followed him he ran faster than ever before. He went to an elven city called Fallismera. Mera was at the end of the names of all elven cities it literally meant the village of. So this was the village of Fallis, “Wow, I’ve never seen an elven city before.” Azrael muttered to himself. He instantly used his powers to disguise himself as an elf of age 10. He could get a lot done with that through begging the first few days he was here. Elves were said to be born smart so he would talk about the architecture of all the buildings here, that would be a good point for him. He’d always been good at that. Not really but he could try. Azrael began walking around town and realized that nobody would take a little kid seriously or even a new elf so he ran and hid in an alley disguising himself instead as a human warlock. An intriguing identity seeing as in a way he was a very powerful version of what they called a ‘warlock’ or magic man. He also knew a spattering of clan magic allowing him to reach out to the unformed land, he would have to build on that. Very useful power resurrecting the dead well until you messed up at least. He walked out of the alley and started listening for any news on where Cofsno might be, because the laws needed some changing and who better to do it than a Nephil ruler? He saw a very interesting looking elf and decided to approach him, “Hello, I’d like to introduce myself as the Jack of Blades. I was wondering what news you could give me of Cofsno for I must speak with him.” When he said Cofsno the elf looked at him in a more intrigued way than he previously had been. “Well if you’re looking for him then you’ve come to the right place,” the elf had a rather sing-songy voice that made Azrael want to punch him in the throat and cut out his tongue. “Why are you looking for him may I ask?” Azrael looked him in the eyes and spoke one word. “Thateso.” The elf looked surprised for a second then fell over dead and limp. Azrael smirked at his success with the spell then heard a voice in his head, “He just wasn’t expecting it, otherwise you never would have gotten an elf with that. You have to do better.” Azrael looked up and saw what appeared to be an angel of the high heavens but instead of glowing golden wings like he should have this angel had wings that were a thick blackness. The color of something like a black hole and it seemed as if you got to close they would suck you in. Looking around at the crystalline beauty of the city he noticed that the wings seemed to drain the color from everything then he realized exactly who this ‘angel’ was.