◻Chapter 04◻✔️

Blunt Beginnings

I usher you. I make you nervous. But let me not win you. I'm more vicious than you ever know.
~IMPATIENCE.
__________________⚫___________________

Tae Tic.

She opened the raven door with heavy force. Her eyes shrunk when a sudden spasm slammed her shoulders. With some comforting presses, she entered the room as her eyes wandered from the floors to every spot lit up by the amber pelts exhaled by the blinding curtains.

As far as she could decipher, it was all neat and flawless, contrary to how ravishing she had deserted it this morning. Her lips curled tight the moment a sense of remorse suffocated her. Letting her entities slip past her rioting emotions, she sat at the edge of the oak-made settee.

Who did I see? What did I go through?

Her mind gave in to the spree of her never-ending turmoil. Even after those consoling words from her brother, she felt something was hidden.

Did I startle him? Will we cross this in a good way?

Akin to the oddly withering blossoms, her thoughts sprouted to rot with no good cue.

At a point when her trafficking rambles exploded her breaths, her eyes halted at the oval silvery antique mirror hanging at the polar wall. From a distance of a good five meters, she could see her sunken socket and dry skin.

Wow! Am I this shabby?

The clattering of wings and crisp noises of dried twigs were masked by her boisterous laughter that scared those delicate chirpers of the day.

Sleep now! He will take care of it.

She gathered herself and laid down on the solacing mattress.

But why? I must find a way. Maybe I will lessen his burden.

As her reasoning consoled her jagged breath, she sighed in relief after a lengthy hold.

"But where should I begin? How can anyone make their dream happen again?"

Her musings grew loud as her worried palms crushed the soft frills hemming the shirt edges.

"Shit! Why couldn't I recollect anything that happened so recently?"

Her spine slumped low, yearning for some rest. As she comforted her tense muscles, some iffy knick-knack pitched in.

She ushered to her brown-wooden table. Pulling out the side drawer, she took an amber bottle. Rotating it, her eyes pried on the printed text.

"NOTE: Use as per the dosage instructed by the physician."

What if I am my physician?

A simple smirk lifted her lips. Twisting the cap, she tossed out four pills. Rolling the parted white pellets between her fingers, she gathered her strength thick enough to proceed to the next step.

Will this be right?

A sudden jitter on the forearm stopped her. Yet, she gulped the bitterness down her gut. Slowly she rested on her pillow. Her eyes swam to the floral patterned window, the plain walls, and the bolstered veranda.