◻Chapter 12◻✔️

Rains and Rainbows

Every now is me. Every then was me. Every change is me. Every end ends in me.
~BEGINNINGS.
__________________⚫___________________

"I'm scared to the core! But why the heck am I trusting you?"

His roughness meddled with his tiresome sigh. He stretched his hands. He gawked at how shivering they were as the calming winds pecked his noon-burnt skin.

"You still have a choice, Tushant."

He spelled his words as his eyes scooted the clear starry shimmers more than the sparkling half-crescent moon.

"What are you hunting there?"

He mumbled as his eyes studied his moves. An unknown tension teased him as he saw the man curl his lips for the teeth to munch.

"Argh... Yeah, there it is. Everything happens for a reason."

He pinched his cheeks as a glorious joy lit his once worrying face.

"What?"

"I was trying to locate it. It's there!" He rolled his elbows to throw them at the sky.

"Locating what?"

Then he zoomed them to a group of six stars joining at equal distances forming the six-point hexagon. "That's it. Place where the solution lies."

"Starry hexagon. Is it a gate or something?" He shrugged his clumsy thoughts.

"Haahaa. In a way, yes. To command the supreme, it is a-"

"Agh! Yea, yea. So we are beginning it?"

"Positively, yes. We are ending it all. May the blessings of Mahadev guide us along."

Stating that, he turned to head down. But, the worrying browns wandered to the shaking heads of white night lilies blooming on the ponds inside the green nets.

One good sign! Lord, please help us.

Mumbling a quick prayer, he followed him with his slightly wavering steps.

One. Two. Three. Four. One, two. Three, four.

To keep his calm, he kept repeating it and syncing his breath to the tune. As he climbed down the last step, he could see a large hexagram being drawn filled with red, orange, and yellow at the center with a huge 'Aum' marked on it. The colors of greens, blues, and purples were spread to the intricately patterned petals.

"Nice Kolam, Indra amma!"

His comment made her smile, but her worries crinkled evidently on her forehead and cheeks. She folded her palms and mumbled a quick prayer as she left the hall.

"Tushant, you can bring her to the central point."

Nodding his head Tushant went to the sofa at the side where she was sleeping as gracefully as a five-year-old child. Her innocent thumb being pushed between her lips made him caress her hair. Her cheeks turned red with his little pinches and pecks.

"Everything would be fine!"

His eyes glimpsed at her bandaged wrists and then darted at the man lighting the lamps to place them at every end of the huge pattern.

"Trust us- Imay!"

As he carried her, she held his little finger with her palms. Tears of aches and amusement rolled down his cheeks. Fulfilling his heart with every ounce of that moment, he walked to the center of the pattern, where there was a crossed banana leaf. He looked at him for his clouding doubts.