CHATER 5: Eat Kebabs Together

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 5

Eat Kebabs Together

As she spoke, Tong Le put down the bun in her hand and ran over to the clothes rack. She took down a broad, red, wide-sleeved flowing dress. Not only was the pattern and embroidery ugly, the waistband was especially thick and green. The combination of red and green was obviously strange and awkward.

"That's not surprising. Which female lead would be willing to let a female supporting character steal her spotlight? It's already good that your scenes weren't deleted." The makeup artist said with conviction while scrolling her phone, clearly this kind of thing happened often.

"Fxck." Tong Le cursed under her breath and angrily hung the costume back onto the rack. "This is too sordid."

"You guys have just entered the industry. This kind of thing is actually very common. In a production I had participated in before, the second female lead's acting was excellent, but she wasn't very popular. The female lead had bad acting but was very good with hype and publicity. She trended on hot search every few days and it gave the impression that she was very popular, but she actually didn't have many dedicated fans. All the views and numbers on the broadcasting platforms were all faked by the water army. She was afraid that the second female lead would steal her spotlight, so she hired a water army to post hate comments about her past and find black history. The second female lead got so much hate she developed depression. She wasn't obsessed with fame so she ended up leaving the entertainment industry. I think she's married to some rich businessman now." The makeup artist said, rather heavy-heartedly.

In the entertainment industry, anything could be done for personal gain and rise in status. Su Shen wasn't surprised. Just like the makeup artist said, it was already good that her scenes weren't deleted.

But in this society, you would soon reap what you sowed. She couldn't do anything about it today, but that didn't mean she wouldn't be able to do something about it in the future.

"This is too insane. No wonder everyone says this industry is messed up." Tong Le clutched at her hair, looking shocked.

It was all for money. A famous star could earn up to millions or tens of millions of RMB in a single production. Who didn't want to earn more money? There were only a few really popular ones and every year, more went out of date. Every day, more rookies appeared. If you didn't grasp the chance to move up the food chain, sooner or later, you'd be out too.

After breakfast, they chatted, and Su Shen started with her makeup. This time, heavy makeup was applied and when she put on her costume again, it actually didn't look too ugly.  

"Damn, it really does depend on your looks. The outfit is so ugly but when you wear it, you look rather intimidating and even domineering." Tong Le walked around her twice and pulled at her hideous waistband.

The makeup artist was still fixing up her makeup, but she also agreed and added a compliment, "Su Shen's foundation is good. She can hold up light or heavy makeup. A lot of people look rather gaudy once they apply heavy makeup, but her features really suit this type of style.

Su Shen looked at the girl in the mirror, with red lips and feng mei*, and felt like she had returned to her past life. She had looked like this too, a pity that before her veil could even be lifted, she died under the sword of the assassins.

feng mei - a style of eyebrow, literally called the phoenix eyebrow

"Su jie, the Director wants you to go over to him right now." Xiao Zhou suddenly walked in.

In response, Su Shen could only lift her heavy skirts and carefully walked step by step out of the dressing room.

The staff outside saw her strange outfit combination and muttered amongst themselves, but Su Shen's calm attitude and confidence silenced them.