CHAPTER 21: Press Conference

FILM EMPRESS'S DAILY FACE SLAPPING CHAPTER 21:

Press Conference

"Everyone in our family is good-looking." Su Shen placed her glass down and smiled.

At that, Jiang Yin didn't say anything and just chuckled. He then returned to playing on his phone.

Actually, Su Shen really wanted to ask him why he recommended her but in the end, she didn't ask. It's still not too late to ask when they were more familiar with each other.

As before, there were sounds of glasses clinking from time to time in the room. It was always women who suffered at these kinds of gatherings. The couple of newcomers were incessantly coerced to drink all for the sake of socializing. There was even a middle-aged man leaving with a newcomer, as for what, it went without saying.

This industry had always been so messy. People like Su Shen with a little background had also suffered harassment before too. But, Liu jie blocked it off for her. On that day, the original Su Shen had been coerced to drink two bottles of alcohol. If it wasn't for Liu jie aggressively demanding to take her away, the fate of the original Su Shen would be ineffable.

Although Liu jie often told her to do this or that, Su Shen knew that Liu jie wasn't wrong. It was just that she still had her previous life's thinking and couldn't accept those excessively intimate scenes. In the entertainment industry, it was nearly impossible to find a popular actress which hasn't filmed a kiss and sex scene.

"Later, take a taxi and go back by yourself. I have to rush to Zhejiang* tonight. Li Xiao is in talks to sing an OST for a TV drama. The martial arts instructor I hired for you is at Family Squad. Their team has even been certified for having the best martial arts instructors. Go over there when you have the time, you only need to learn and familiarize yourself with the fundamental framework and position." Liu jie leaned over and said.

Zhejiang - province in east China

The room was noisy filled with screams and shouts. Li Xiao was a singer also under Liu jie, his songs were always popular yet he wasn't. Nevertheless, his singing was quite nice.

"I will go, but I want to make some time to learn how to drive." Su Shen didn't want to always get chauffeured around. For future private activities, it would be better for her to drive.

Upon hearing this, Liu jie frowned, seemingly checking through her itinerary and ultimately, she insipidly said, "Up to you, it will take a while to get a driver's license though. Afterwards, you have to join the set. You still haven't met the director for Road to Immortality and The Song of Troubled Times is wrapping up with filming. The production crew is going to hold a wrap-up press conference afterwards, you have to go and show your face. But if you can find the time, then do it."

Su Shen also knew that she didn't have much time. For those in this line of business, time was money. Most barely had the time to rest, going to and fro everyday. It was already quite lax for her. If it was a popular artist like Jiang Yin, then he would certainly be more exhausted. After all, it's money.

"I will see at that time." She looked down, seemingly in thought.

Liu jie didn't say anything else. After the dinner was over, Su Shen signed the contract with the producers, only then was everything finalized and set.

Liu jie had to go and catch the plane. Su Shen wanted to take a taxi back by herself but Su Ruan insisted on having the chauffeur drive her back; Su Shen didn't decline.

The car sped through the night with the city being mysterious and bustling under the neon lights. She looked out at the changing scenery and momentarily was in a trance.